Wednesday, April 15th, it was time to get back to 'normal'. I walked my treadmill and then spent most of my day in Sandiland. Laundry was done from our week away. And the list goes on.
In the evening, I had a Relief Society presidency meeting via Google Meets. I do love these presidency meeting over the internet. The main purpose of this meeting was to select talks to serve a Relief Society lessons May through October. We also covered our upcoming Relief Society activity, the Mother's Day class, and reviewed the sisters.
Thursday, April 16th, I started my day on the treadmill. I must say it is more difficult to begin my day with this intermittent fasting diet. Normally Claude and I would have a bowl of cereal together or go for a biscuit in the morning. He now struggles having cereal without me eating. I call my handful of medications my breakfast. Very odd for a girl who grew up with a mother who repeated stated the breakfast was the most important meal of the day. Now, I don't have it. Yike!!
Claude and I each got an eMail from Jensen/McKay Travel about a trip February 2027 to India and Nepal. I usually delete their eMail but this one caught my eye. I read it and saved it. It really appealed to me. When Claude and I were talking, he mentioned receiving that eMail and he was very interested. You know something is right when we both have that good feeling at the same time. We decided to book that trip. I went to my laptop while Claude napped and booked the trip for us. Yeah us! We will not travel out of the country this year but are sure we will next year.
I found a cover for my new phone. I had Claude check out the information on Amazon. Then I ordered a new cover as well as two more solar lanterns for the yard.
I spent the rest of my time updating all the things that come with selecting the next six months of Relief Society lessons. They are on the Gospel Library app now so the lesson for the week will show each for easy access. I updated the spreadsheet with the links to the lessons as well as full names for the speakers. Then I copied this to information to the Conducting Form for the next six months. I also managed to get my new phone synced to my laptop.
Friday, April 17th, I was able to complete the Blog entry for our Michigan trip. All pictures were labeled while on the trip. Yeah me!
I walked my treadmill for working at my laptop. There I entered the May through October Relief Society lessons, who teaches and who conducts to my cellphone. Then I focused on paperwork for the India/Nepal trip. I went through the eMails. I printed the receipts for the trip and the insurance for Claude. I made a grid and filled it in. I saved any documents we were no accumulating to a file on my laptop and set up a file on my laptop for pictures. I took a screenshot of the cover picture for the Jensen McKay eMail and cropped out the picture. Than I sent that to our family of Facebook to see if any of them could guess from the pictures where we were going in February 2027. Andie got it right.
All this time Claude was defrosting the freezer in the garage and changing the air filters in our home. He does that at the time of General Conference in the Spring and Fall. Then he said we needed a date.
We went to Applebee's. For Christmas, I gave Claude gift cards to three restaurants. This was a kind of selfish gift from me. It means we will go out to dinner together. One of the gift cards was for Applebee's. I tried something different this time. They had a bowl that was half-full of rice and half-full of an oriental salad with blackened salmon on top. Yum. Very good meal.
Claude was having trouble with his phone not giving the addresses of his contact. The contacts were there but only their name and phone number. I tried my phone and found a little 'i' in a circle. When I touched it, all the other information on the contact came up. Claude had the little 'i' in a circle but it did not react when he touched it. We went to the AT&T store and they checked his phone and said it appeared the contacts did not completely transfer. They thought he would have to reenter all those addresses. By the time we got home, Claude was able to get the contacts to display address and other information. He would spend his evening going through and cleaning out his contacts.
We filled my car with gas and went through the car wash. Nice date for this evening.
We were both ready to go home an veg out. We had a quiet, well-earned evening at home.
Saturday, April 18th, was a rainy day. It was a good thing we planned to be home. Not a fan of paddling around in the rain.
This day we had two birthday. I posted them on the family Facebook page in two posts:
Birthday #1 Today:
Happy Birthday to our youngest. Jake Christensen keep on hiking and climbing. You are a joy to us. We admire how you are crafting your life to make the most of your talents and interests. May you have a great day and a year full of new adventures. Happy Birthday and Love Ya Bunches!!
Birthday #2 Today:
Kenndi Roper decided to be born on Uncle Jake's birthday 3 years ago today. She is a mighty mite as evidenced by her love of painting with two hands. She is sure she can do anything her older siblings do. We love this little nugget bunches! Happy Birthday to Kennedi Roper!!
I did my treadmill walking first, then my shower. Now, I was ready for my day.
Later in the evening, Katelyn posted about Kenndi's birthday. I got these pictures from that post. We got her the roller skates. She loves them. So happy to see Raelyn helping her learn since Katelyn has a broken wrist.
I decided this rainy day I would not spend a lot of time (though I needed to) in Sandiland. Instead, I read a book that Jake loaned me. It is titled "Christian Apocrypha Series, The First and Second Gospels of the Infancy by Jesus Christ. Thomas, James". I had shared with Jake about ready "The Book of Enoch". He knows my enjoyment of these kinds of things. The book is a very easy read. There is a Prologue to the First Gospel. Then there are two translations of it. One is from the Greek and the other if from the Latin. These two translations are basically the same thing with some differences. They are both about the childhood of Jesus. Not sure I agree with all the purport. But I did enjoy the reading. Then there is a Prologue to the Second Gospel. It has a very long title: "The Second Gospel of the Infancy of Jesus Christ: The Protoevangelium of James: The Birth of May the Holy Mother of God and Very Glorious Mother of Jesus Christ". Whew. It is translated from Greek. It starts with Joachim and Anna and their inability to have children. Then they are blessed with Mary who would be the mother of Jesus. Again, a very interesting read. I am happy Jake loaned these two books to me. He is a good son.
My next project was to crochet a complete skein of yarn into Joel's afghan Christmas present. I managed to do that by the end of the day. I now have three skeins of yard in the afghan and think I will only need the other three skeins of yarn I purchased. There were only six skeins on the shelf at Hobby Lobby. The pattern called for 8-9 skeins. But, it is for Joel and he is not a full sized human yet. I really wanted to know if I needed to get more yarn. I can order it through Amazon but I didn't want any left over yarn. Now I am pretty sure I don't need to do that.
Claude recorded Ben Hur. We would watch it in the evening. I find this amusing. We always found it amusing and a little frustrating that Bonnie only watched old movies. When Claude would go and visit her, she would start an old movie and then go to be and leave him to watch it. Now Claude is recording old movies. Honestly, I would not have recorded this movie or the Ten Commandments. They come out at Easter each year. Claude did record them and they were enjoyable.
Sunday, April 19th, we had a good Sacrament Meeting. Jenny Squire gave a really good talk about keeping the Sabbath Day holy.
Claude was again frustrated with his new phone. His home page was set up in a different way and now how he had it set up. Again we compared his phone to mine and mine was working differently. They are exactly the same kind of phone except his is black and mine is purple. Eventually Claude figured out his downloading the Adobe app was what caused the problem. He deleted that app and all was fine.
We went to Jimmy John's to get lunch. I had enough points that we got a free sandwich. Love it when the points reward you.
I sat down to do this Blog. I start by making sure all my pictures are in the camera file on my cellphone. I looked there and had no pictures albums except camera and download. All other pictures were gone and my trash was empty. I remember emptying my trash but I did not trash my other albums. I have one for each of my kids and my three oldest grandmonsters and another for Relief Society. Ugh. I was able to copy and paste a few pictures from my laptop into my cellphone albums. Having a new phone to get used to is a mite frustrating some times.
I did not sleep well during the night. I spent that time getting some information about tourism in Washington State. That felt good to begin looking at it.
Not sure how the evening will go but I know it will. Ha Ha!!






No comments:
Post a Comment