Monday, May 18th, I tried to complete my Blog for the previous week. I had such a hard time getting into Blogger. I'm not sure if the software is getting old or what. My Blog is really my journal. Using Blogger is a good way to get it written with pictures included. I always copy the Blog version to a Word document and save the Word document. I have had a couple of times where signing into Blogger was very difficult. Hope that difficulty goes away. I was able to get into Blogger and complete my Blog for the previous week.
I walked the treadmill after the grueling Blogger experience. Claude went to PT and came home exhausted.
We determined it was a Schlotzsky's kind of day. We drove into Lexington but it was a challenge as well. We enjoyed our meal and hoped that the traffic would be better going home.
In the evening we watched West Wing and got some more rows crocheted on Nelson's afghan.
I caught up with Katelyn and Joel. He tried school but was sent home with a fever. Katelyn took him to Urgent Care and he had no fever. She was trying to determine how to handle the rest of the week.
Tuesday, May 19th, was the first of several bad nights of sleep this week. Ugh! This usually means sleeping in a bit the next morning.
I did manage to get the basis of the June Relief Society newsletter complete. This takes hours to do. And I walked the treadmill. Claude did a grocery run for us. In the evening, I crocheted a bit more on Nelson's afghan. This one is just going to take a long time to complete.
I posted this on Facebook about Hayden's success: "Proud moment and a chance to brag. See that name at the top of the picture. Hayden Marx is our grandson. In a few weeks he will graduate from DePaul University in Chicago. He wrote and directed this film. It has been nominated for "Best Episodic" at the 2026 DePaul University Premiere Film Showcase. Congratulations to Hayden and all who participated in the acting and production of Detective Orion."
Wednesday, May 20th, was a rainy day. We were in for several rainy days. I posted the announcements for Relief Society on Facebook and via eMail. I walked the treadmill. Then I curled up to read in my book about the Lewis and Clark Trail.
Claude went to PT, picked up a few items from the grocery store and stopped at CVS to pick up prescriptions.
In the evening, I had a Relief Society presidency meeting. Rita Thorn, 1st counselor, came and picked me up. It was a delight to ride with her. The meeting was really good. We were editing the ministering routes in preparation for our Sunday Relief Society lesson.
Thursday, May 21st, and I had another bad night's sleep.
Once awake and functional, I managed to get the Relief Society birthday cards prepared for June, mad the changes in all the places for the Relief Society lessons, placed an Amazon order, ordered a shirt from Ariat for Claude for Father's Day and walked the treadmill. The I sat down and cleared things from the DVR while Claude took a nap. In the evening, I crocheted a few more rows on Nelson's afghan.
Friday, May 22nd, the rain kept coming down.
I determined I needed a haircut. I tried growing it out a bit but determined a haircut would make my life a lot easier and a lot better. Claude said he would drive me over and we could get a biscuit after!!
When we returned home I walked the treadmill. Claude found our marriage license and I scanned it and made the copy we need to take to the cemetery.
Then we sat down to watch all 7 episodes of Pole to Pole with Will Smith. This is an excellent documentary.
Claude made tuna salad and we had that for dinner. Yum!
I crocheted a few more rows on that afghan. Slow and steady wins the race! I do love turtles.
Saturday, May 23rd, the rain continued. I had another bad night so I slept in again.
I spent my morning finishing my book about the Lewis and Clark Trail. It is an excellent book to prepare for this road trip. The author had written about the roads to drive combined with the story that happened at that location. She also share other sites to visit in that area that are not part of the Lewis and Clark Trail. The book is divided into several chapters that cover sections of the trail. There are maps of each section. At the end of each chapter, she lists hotels and places to eat in the towns along that portion of the route. Excellent resource book.
We both wanted a Friday night dinner outing. McCalister's was our place of choice. We each enjoyed a delicious salad.
We would watch Little Shop of Horrors in the evening and, you guessed it, I crocheted a few more rows on Nelson's afghan. There are yarn strings at the ends of lots of the row because I change colors frequently. I have to spend time burying these ends in the afghan. I really don't want to have to do that after I finish all this crocheting. Slow and steady, slow and steady.
Sunday, May 24th, was a good Sunday.
Our sacrament meeting was a mission farewell for Payton Hale. He will serve in the Salt Lake City mission. We think very highly of the Hale boys. At the end of the meeting, Bishop Barber had us all stand and sing "Carry On". Wonderful.
Our Relief Society lesson was taught by Whitney Garrett, 2nd counselor. It was based on Sis. Kristen Yee's talk from the April General Conference about ministering. The Young Women attended with us. At the end of the lesson, Whitney left time to pass out the new ministering assignment we worked on Wednesday evening. Then we used the remaining time to find those we would be ministering to and chat a bit. It was simply lovely.
Claude and I had lunch from Jimmy John's. We watched a couple of Music and the Spoken Word while we ate. Then Claude went to nap and I tried to clear the DVR of my documentaries. When Claude woke up, I walked the treadmill.
In the evening we watched On Golden Pond. During that time I sent texts to Jake, Katelyn and Aubrey.
It was a rainy week...but a good week also.



No comments:
Post a Comment