Monday, June 1st, I want to post a picture from Sunday, May 31st, that I didn't get posted. This is Ramon. Ramon is the exchange student from Spain that has been living with the Ropers this school year. He is not actually a senior but the school in Muskegon wanted him to have the experience of an American graduation from high school. How nice is that.
I had three days of what I call "the blue funk". Lethargic, no direction, a bit of a sore throat. We used to say your biorhythm chart was in a low phase. We all have ups and downs. This was three down for me. I know there is always and end to that feeling. So, I muddle through.I completed by Blog and picture from the previous week. I ordered Joel's birthday gift from Walmart to be delivered to the Ropers. It is his roller blades like the ones his sisters have gotten this year. Now all the kids will have roller blades. His were orange. That is Joel's absolute favorite color. I also cleared some things from the DVR.
In the evening, we watched another of the World War II documentary with Tom Hanks. Good series.
Tuesday, June 2nd, I started my day walking the treadmill.
Then I settled in for a day of working on The Drive notes for our Lewis and Clark trip.
,
I received a sweet eMail from our grandmonster, Katelyn. She was at work and the background for her computer said, "Discover, Learn, Succeed-SOAR, Live, Laugh, Love being a Cardinal." Katelyn commented the it made her think of Claude and me. What a nice tribute to how she sees us.
I shut down at 5:30pm and we watched television, ate dinner and I crocheted.
Wednesday, June 3rd, back to the treadmill I went.
Claude and I went to Kentucky Veterans Cemetery North in Williamstown, Kentucky. We wanted to pre-arrange for a burial site for us. We had the application, Claude's DD214 and a copy of our Marriage Certificate. The nice lady took us and told they would review it and get back to us. The cost to bury would be nothing for Claude and $500 for me. We would be buried in the same plot and one headstone. Claude's information would be on the front and mine on the back of the headstone. All services are held outside in an open building. We are only wanting a graveside service for each of us. Now we wait to hear back. There are four of these cemeteries in Kentucky. They were started by the Commonwealth of Kentucky as there were not enough military cemeteries for all the veterans. This one began operation in 2008 so it is a fairly new cemetery.
After dropping off our application, we went up I-75 to Dry Ridge. Bean is a local restaurant there we enjoy. We each had a sandwich and Claude had soup. They have wonderful baked goods. It was a really pleasant lunch. While there we talked about how to handle our trip to see Hayden's graduation. We were thinking of a Michigan drive by to see family. Nissa and Todd would be out-of-town. Katelyn would be speaking in Church on Sunday and Raelyn would be singing a special musical number. We decided to go to Hayden's graduation and then head to Muskegon to have Sunday with the Muskegon family we could see. Then have lunch with Jake the next day before returning home. Whirlwind trip but you take the opportunities to be with family that doesn't live close.In the evening, Claude voice dropped and octave and he started sneezing. Not good!
Thursday, June 4th, Claude was not good. A fever, nasty deep cough, aches. I called the PT people and explained his situation and canceled his appointment. Claude stayed in bed and slept until 11am. He was down for the rest of the day.
I walked my treadmill and crocheted.
Katelyn posted these pictures of our Joel. He graduated from Pre-school. How cute is he? Very!
Friday, June 5th, I had a miserable night with my tummy. Miserable. Happy to have the guest bedroom when this happens.
When Claude woke up, I really needed sustenance. We opted for a biscuit run. Claude was still miserable. With us both not in a good place physically, we opted for watching West Wing. I would get a little more crocheting done.
Saturday, June 6th, Claude still wasn't up to par. He decided he needed to get the grass cut. It was to rain all the next week leaving no time then to cut it. He knew he could at least get the front yard cut. He managed to get all of it done with a nap in the middle. Bless his heart. All the grass and pollen didn't do his cold any good though.
I managed to finish my notes for the Lewis and Clark trip. Yeah! The actual Lewis and Clark Trail goes through16 states. We will drive through 12 of them to get to Oregon and Washington not counting Kentucky. Then we have to find our way home. We will do this like the Route 66 drive. We will see sites from the Lewis and Clark expedition but will also see some other sites along the way. I had to research them for days they can be visited, cost to visit, length of drives through, etc. My notes covered all possibilities to sight-see along during our trip. I printed all this out and gave it to Claude. He will read through it and we'll determine what we actually think we can see and I will make the grid of possibilities for the trip. It is a process but it makes for a good trip.
I made hotel reservations for Michigan. I updated the Trivial Pursuit questions in my cell phone. I needed to fill two months of questions. I also cleared the DVR.
I received a text from Elizabeth Christensen. She managed to strain her back and was having trouble even sitting in a chair. She wanted to know if I could play the organ for her on Sunday. I assured her I would do that.
Claude and I went to Jimmy John's for our dinner. I had a reward on my app for a sandwich for $4.99. It would expire this day. I tried to place the order for pick-up at the window as Claude drove us over. I do NOT like the Jimmy John's app. It let me use the reward but when I ordered a sandwich for Claude and two sodas, it only showed one sandwich ordered. I tried looking at it from the app and from the eMail confirmation. I assured Claude we would probably have to order another sandwich when we got to the window. Sure enough, they only had one sandwich for us. I gave the girl my order confirmation number. She checked on it and said there was no reward on there. She went to make us another sandwich and could let us pay at the drive-thru window as that register was not working. She thought maybe there was a glitch in their system. We got our food and drinks and looked for shade to park the Jeep so we could roll down the windows and eat outside. I am not sure why I have such trouble with this app. I don't seem to have that issue with any others. We love Jimmy John's and are looking forward to the opening of the one nearer our home.
When we got home, I got my organ music and Claude went with me to the church so I could practice a little. So grateful we did this. I don't play hardly ever and it was good to hear this stops and make sure they were right for prelude, hymns and the sacrament hymn.
Sunday, June 7th, was a good Sabbath Day. Claude was not well still. He stayed asleep until just before I got home from church.
I played the organ and totally enjoyed being able to do that.
One of the best things about sitting on the stand is seeing the congregations faces. We had a new counselor sustained in our bishopric. I watched his little family as they asked for a sustaining vote from the congregation on this action. Bro. Wenzel has a little girl, maybe 5-years old. She was sitting on the end of the bench and the grin on her face as her dad's name was announced was soul-cheering. When Pres. Blakemore asked for a sustaining vote, her right hand shot up into the air and that grin continued. I told her parents after that I ask Heavenly Father every Saturday to let me have one cup-filling moment in church on Sunday. I assured them their daughter was my cup-filling moment.
Heidi Barney and kids were visiting. She sat on a row with Jenessa Dymock and family and Jenna Thacker and family. These three ladies were the best of friends. Heidi moved to California. Seeing these three really good friends was so touching. Good friends stay good friends even if your move far away. When you are back together, you pick up like there was no time apart. It was uplifting to see these ladies together again.
I did not stay for Sunday School. I went home and found Claude finishing up his showering. I changed clothes and he suggested to me that we go to Cattleman's Roadhouse. We watched two shows on television that had steaks in them. My hubby grew up on a cattle ranch and loves a good steak. These shows make him hungry for a good steak. We went to Cattleman's and got a table right away. Had a delicious meal. Claude then wanted a chocolate shake. The Dairy Queen drive-thru had a line that went on forever. We opted to go across to our Burger King and he got a chocolate shake. I opted for no dessert.
By the time we got home, I was sure I was getting whatever it was Claude was trying to get rid of. We have trip coming up and both need to be well for that. We decided we would sit the rest of Sunday out. We pulled out our Castle DVD's and curled up in our recliners and rested for the remainder of our Sunday.







No comments:
Post a Comment