Thursday, September 12, 2024

Vaccines, Dates, Grandmonsters and more...

Tuesday, September 3rd, we started our morning with Covid boosters and Flu vaccines. Left arm for covid and right arm for flu. Then we went home to recuperate! I actually did a round of home PT and worked at my laptop for a while before the effects hit me. I usually am just worn out for a couple of days. Then I am fine. That is what happened this time. I didn't have any swelling in my arms from either shot this time though. Yeah!!

I did call to get the process started for my next shot. I have trigger finger and have been doing PT with it to try and help it along. This is not really working. So, the next step is a cortisone shot in the joint. I have to wait for two weeks after the covid and flu vaccines. I will get the cortisone shot Thursday September 19th.

Wednesday, September 4th, I had office PT. I was feeling the effects of the shots big time. I made it through office PT and was very grateful they are so caring to me. When I returned home, I was very grateful for ice on my shoulder, a comfortable chair to rest in, ice for my soda, Claude being there for me, and my book of Greek history to read. Even in the midst of things being a little difficult, there are always blessings in abundance.

Thursday, September 5th, time to move on after the Covid and Flu shots. We were very focused on accomplishing things this day. We decided to work hard for part of the day. I purchased tickets to Regal Cinema's for the Reagan movie in the afternoon. We really enjoyed that movie. Claude feels Dennis Quaid should get an Oscar for his performance. After the movie, we went to Dick's Sporting Goods for a stadium seat for Claude. We ended our date with dinner at Schlotzsky's. After we returned home, we enjoyed more Northern Exposure.

Friday, September 6th, was Bailey's first home football game for Oldham County High School. We went to see and hear the band play and march. The weather report for this day was for rain in the evening. Sure enough, we got to the school and found a primo parking spot. We arrived early to see the band march to the field. Then the lightning and thunder started. We were quite safe in the Jeep enjoying our devices. Andie and Michael were at home and let us know the game was delayed for at least 30 minutes. We felt like we were in a repeat of the game the week before at University of Kentucky. Michael offered to come get us and take us to their home so we didn't lose our primo parking spot. That was extremely generous as he would have had to be out in pouring rain. We assured him we were okay and wanted to be in position in case the band marched past us. Eventually everything settled down, Claude got the hand towel we keep in the Jeep so we could wipe my bench down. We went on in the stadium without seeing the band coming. This year tickets are free to those who are 65+. We got to the gate and they smiled and just let us in. I was a mite offended they didn't ask for ID to prove my age!! Andie and Michael were already in a saved us seats. The game was on!!

As the band arrived, I got this great picture of our happy senior. 
The seniors in the band all get a big picture of them the stays along the fence their senior year. Bailley's picture is in the center. Please note that Bailey in the only one holding her instrument in the correct direction! Oh My!! I posted this picture on Facebook the next day with all my other pictures and videos. I received a friend request for Josh Marcum. I found this interesting as he is a senior and his family had moved from our congregation in Georgetown. I know Josh and quickly accepted his friendship request. It wasn't long before I received a comment to my Facebook post from Amber, Josh's mother. She was so happy to get my post. It seems where they moved is in the Oldham County High School district. Her children are in the OCHS band. In fact, if I had not been so focused on Miss B, I would have noticed that the picture to the right of Bailey's is Josh!! Oh My Heavens. Josh plays the trombone and his little sister, Annabelle, plays the saxophone. It is a very small world.

Wherever I could identify Bailey in the band on the field, I put a blue line under her picture. 
It was a nice evening and we were very happy the rain didn't ruin their game and marching. It was even a good game with OCHS winning. 

Saturday, September 7th, we had another productive day at home. It was time to change the seasonal decorations. I leave Patriotic things from Memorial Day through Labor Day. Then I shift to all things fall. That means the front yard, front door, entry way of our home and the dining room table. Claude even changed the birdhouse I hang in our front yard tree. 

I peeked outside and found the squirrel enjoying the platform for the windmill. I am not sure I like this. Hmmmm...
We had another date night. This time we went to Chipotle for dinner before going to the Lexington North Stake Center to watch a live broadcast of the Tabernacle Choir Concert. It was excellent. Another great date. I think after 54 years of marriage we may have figured out this dating thing.

Sunday, September 8th, we attended church. During sacrament meeting, Wesley and Molly Holt sat in front of us. Wesley was a teen when we were in the Georgetown Ward. He is now the father of two children. Wesley's son's grandmother, Veronica Holt, was sitting with them. On the stand was Rex Holt, the grandfather, who is also our Stake President. Wesley's son was so good during all of sacrament meeting. At the end, he was very aware his grandfather was on the stand and wanted to go and sit with him. All through the closing prayer he kept saying, "Papa, Papa, I want Papa!" Such a sweet thing.

I conducted Relief Society. We had a visitor. Sis. McFee and her hubby had just finished their mission. They wanted to attend church and came to our ward for this Sunday. Really sweet lady. Had a good conversation with her before and after Relief Society. I love how you can made friends so quickly with those you may never see again. 

We had Relief Society presidency meeting at our home after sacrament meeting. Claude napped during all of this. Then he and I went to McAlister's for our Sunday dinner after the meeting was over and Claude woke up.

I came home and got the minutes from our presidency meeting typed up and off to the other ladies. Then Claude and I settle in to watch a bit more Northern Exposure.

Monday, September 9th, I woke with a very sore arm. This was office PT day and I was very happy to make it through that experience. Sometimes, you must grit your teeth and do what you know is best for yourself.

When I got home, Claude and I sat down with my Route 66 trip grids and settled on when we felt comfortable making hotel reservations. Not for the entire trip. But we needed to settle on Albuquerque so I could get us the tickets we needed for the Hot Air Balloon Festival. We determined the dates for that and the rest of the trip to getting to Manti. It felt good to know what we would do those days. All other nights will be wherever we get to that day. 

I must comment on the excellent dinner Claude prepared for us that evening. He had two little salmon steaks for us. He found a new recipe for tangy broccoli salad and made that. He made up a small package of Knorr macaroni and cheese. It was a perfectly balanced meal, no leftovers, and the tangy broccoli salad was a keeper for sure. 

Katelyn video chatted with us so we could watch Raelyn play a part of her softball game. Raelyn played t-ball last year. The intent was to get her in a beginner real softball team. Somehow, she got in a team that was two steps above that. Raelyn is younger and not as experienced as the other girls on the team. But she gives it her best and is really doing well. Thank heaven's for digital devices that allow us to be places we can't be physically. 
In the evening, we watch Pres. Russell M. Nelson's 100th Birthday Celebration. Pres. Nelson is the Prophet and President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was a delightful evening with speakers sharing their experiences with Pres. Nelson. These included a great granddaughter and a daughter. Beautiful musical performances we given. Just a wonderful way to celebrate 100 years. 

Tuesday, September 10th, Phillip Pratt's lawncare company came and aerated and over-seeded our lawn.

I made our hotel reservations for the parts of Route 66 Claude and I agreed on. That felt so good to me. It had been weighing on my mind. I even found a hotel in Ventura, California. Whew!

I went to Jenna Thacker and she cut my long hair. My thought had been to let it grown so I could pull it back in a ponytail while we traveled. I gave up on that as it was driving me crazy. Maybe I'll try again in the future. But it felt good to have Jenna give me a great haircut.

Wednesday, September 11th, Katelyn sent us these pictures of Joel. It seems he ran into a table (according to Emelia, his sister). Katelyn thinks he may have also been biten by a bug. Whatever happened, the kid has seen a doctor and will be okay. He is such a little brute in body build that I think he looks like a prize fighter after a bout. It simply makes me wonder what the other guy looks like!! Katelyn assures me it has not slowed this very active little guy up at all. 
Thursday, September 12th, today has been a good day. I woke up early and got my silk flowers back in the shed. They sat in the rain before I changed yard decorations. I had to let them dry out again before I put them in the shed. I also ordered Nelson's birthday present from Amazon so it can be shipped to him. I got my pictures labeled and got this Blog done. I was way behind on this. I went to office PT and had a great session there. Tonight I will attend our Relief Society activity where I will have the opportunity to try and paint something. Let's give this right arm a try at that! Then I will return home for the rest of my evening with my sweet hubby. 

A cute part of this day was what to do for dinner. Claude loves when I am gone every now and then so he can have an evening of guy food and TV he likes that I don't care for. Since I would be home for dinner, that kind of ruined his plans. But the man is clever and he determined he would bake us each a potatoe and then make him a steak. I can eat steak but I really don't care for it. The perfect solution. Such a good guy. 

Now, let's do a flashback to Saturday, August 31st. We had Bailey here and dealt with the University of Kentucky football game and her marching with the Wildcat Marching Band (WMB). I was received pictures of Hayden going back to DePaul and saved them to my phone. They were in the wrong file and I didn't get them posted. These are three of the pictures of Hayden at his new digs for this year at De Paul University in Chicago. He will be in an apartment this year instead of the dorms. The final picture is Andie, Hayden and Michael. Have a great year Buddy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment