Monday, February 23rd, we awoke to a bit of snow on the ground again. Ugh. Fortunately, it was not a lot and the driveway and sidewalks cleared on their own. Yippee!!
I love turtles. That is one of my favorite words and therefore became a fascination that led to collections of turtles. This showed up on Facebook and it truly spoke to where Claude and I are physically. Still chuckling.
Our daughter, Andie, teaches at Camden Elementary School in Crestwood, Kentucky. The schools are each allowed to select one teacher to receive the "Ignite Passion Award" for their outstanding efforts as a teacher. Andie was chosen for Camden Elementary and received the award at the Oldham County School Board meeting. Andie shared a Facebook post of a letter a parent sent to Camden Elementary praising Andie for all her efforts with her child in school. I believe our daughter has found her niche in the work world. What a blessing for all the kids that she teaches. She told us to check out the school board meeting on YouTube. We did and were able to watch her get this award from our living room. I videoed and took pictures as we watched the proceedings. Congratulations, Andie! Tuesday, February 24th, I was very productive this day. I hunkered down in Sandiland and worked on Relief Society things. This included getting the March newsletter in order. A few more things to add after our activity that would happen on Thursday. I also made the spreadsheet for our lessons for the next six months. We won't choose them until after General Conference. But the spreadsheet is ready to insert the lessons and links. I also found the next six months of council questions for our Relief Society meetings and then updated the conducting form on the Google Drive. It felt really good to get a handle on these things.
We have a motorcycle friend who has liver cancer. I wanted to send a note to him and his wife. I searched through our GWRRA (Gold Wing Road Riders Association) pictures to see if I could find one of them for our biking days. I did not find one picture of them. I had to write the note without including a picture. However, as I searched through the pictures, I did find this one and sent it to Jake. We had our International Rally in Billings, Montana in 1997. Jake came to join us and sang the National Anthem for Canada and the United States at our opening ceremonies. This is Jake with the Canadian Royal Mounted Police that were in attendance. Lots of fun biking memories.
I also came across this fun picture on Facebook. We have been to Iceland and did not see these. I think this is a great idea. Power lines like giants walking across the land. Love this.In the evening, we watched "Christmas with C.S. Lewis". We attended this one-man play in Louisville in December 2025. We were given a link to watch the play again at home. I have saved that eMail with the link. We were going to see "The Screwtape Letters", a play based on the book by C.S. Lewis on Wednesday evening. This would make a great prelude to that outing. This is an excellent play and we would recommend it to others. Wednesday, February 25th, during the day I walked the treadmill, crocheted and read another Come, Follow Me lesson.
Claude had a dental visit that was epic. He is getting an implant on a back tooth. He is working with a dentist in Lexington to put the base for the post in his gum and has watched to be sure it was healed and ready to receive the post and then crown on top. He declared it ready and sent Claude back to our regular dentist who was to install the post and make the molds for the crown to be made to go on top of the post. Claude arrived at the dentist off and was waiting in the lobby. They came out and told everyone they had to clear the building. There was a odor that might be something bad and the fire department was on their way to check thing out. All the patients went to their cars to wait. The firetrucks came, the firemen checked all the offices in the building and declared it safe. Back inside all the patients went. They made partial molds for the crown. However, they did not have the right size post to put in the base. Dr. Hollen thought Dr. Morrow was sending the right post with Claude. Dr. Morrow thought Dr. Hollen already has the right post. Claude ended up rescheduling for Thursday morning so they could get the right size post. Ugh!
In the evening, we had dinner at Firehouse Subs and went to the Lexington Opera House to watch the one-man play based on C.S. Lewis' book "The Screwtape Letters". It is a series of letter written by Screwtape to his nephew, Wormwood. They are both Tempters (think followers of Satan trying to steer mortals into a life that follows Satan. I read the book years ago when Russ Evens lived with us one summer. He loaned it to Claude and me and we both read it then. I purchased the book for my Kindle after I purchased tickets to this play. I was able to reread it. It takes some effort for me as I am used to reading a book for the point of view of the good overturning evil. This is a series of letter with Screwtape counseling his nephew, Wormwood, in how to undermine the faith of a man he is assigned to bring down. C.S. Lewis is masterful at explaining the thinking process of mortals and how to twist it to Satan's advantage. It is a very interesting read. The play was 1 1/2 hours. If you read the book it would take around six hours. They followed the storyline of the book very well. Claude and I both enjoyed this play. A little different but very enjoyable.
Thursday, February 26th, Claude was back at Dr. Hollin's office. The post was installed and the rest of the molds for the crown were done. Now he waits for the crown to be sent to Dr. Hollin and then they can complete this installation of his implant. Poor guy!
I was able to watch a Northern Disclosure. I also had a nice chat with Katelyn. She and Drew and planning an August 15th trip to Detroit to go through the temple. So happy for these two and their little family.
In the evening, I went to the Relief Society Activity. It was Cookie Decorating. The ladies all had fun. The extra kits went home to be given to sisters who couldn't attend. I loved the smiles on these ladies faces as we enjoyed this activity.
Friday, February 27th, we started our day by cleaning in the church. The congregation is divided into teams. There were three other couples on our team. Claude and I went before the others and he cleaned the chapel. I did the bathrooms. Together we emptied all the trashcans from the classrooms. When we finished, we were both completely undone. We went home and sat down with a cold soda for a bit of a break.
I was able to get the Relief Society announcements ready and eMail to Jennifer Barber for the bulletin. I finished the draft of the Relief Society newsletter and sent it to Jenessa Dymock for approval.
Claude and I figured cleaning the church was close to doing yardwork. That meant a burger was in order for dinner. Burger King was where we went followed by Dairy Queen for a little dessert. Yum!
Saturday, February 28th, was a productive day at home. Laundry was done, treadmill was walked, Relief Society newsletter was disbursed and filed, Claude hair was cut, and a start was made on this week's Blog.
Sunday, February 29th, was a good Sabbath Day. I bore my testimony in Sacrament Meeting. I passed the calendar to feed the missionaries during Sunday School. Claude and I went to Arby's for lunch and I totally enjoyed my BLT on Market Fresh Bread and Apple Turnover. Yum! Then home for Claude to get a nap and me to clear the DVR. I don't nap but I do pause and rest while clearing the DVR. In the evening, I had a Google Meets Relief Society meeting that was very productive. I spent the rest of my evening messaging with Paul. He would have a court date on Monday and was very, very anxious about it. So grateful for ways to communicate with my family.























No comments:
Post a Comment