Monday, August 24th, Claude headed to see Dr. Fine, our podiatrist, in the morning. I set to cleaning the bathrooms. I finished before he got home and was sitting in my recliner taking a break before my next chore of the day. In came my hubby and he brought me a biscuit from Bojangles. I was so very happy. I may well have been the best biscuit I ever ate!
I washed the throw rugs in our home while Claude took a nap. I cleared some things from the DVR while he napped as well.
After Claude woke up, I did the sweeping of our laminate floors and then vacuumed the rugs in our home. This is all done so that when we return from The Drive housekeeping will not be on my to do list.
For dinner we ate at Red State BBQ. We tried to go to a new place in Georgetown called the Pig Pin. We saw a cooking show that featured BBQ and this made us both hungry for BBQ. The Pig Pin in closed Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. We will need to try it later. Red State was delicious and satisfied our need for BBQ very well. Claude brought home a few wings to eat as he watched television in the evening.
Claude had DVR's two movies: True Lies and Kindergarten Cop. We had neither watched True Lies before. Clearly an older movie but it held our attention. They are both movies that feature Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Tuesday, August 25th, I hopped up first thing and got the announcements Relief Society out via Facebook and eMail. Then I sent my September Relief Society newsletter to Jenessa for approval. She returned it later in the day as ready to go. I will wait until Thursday evening after the Relief Society activity to send it. I want to add pictures from the August activity before it goes out.
Time for a haircut. I made an appointment at Great Clips. Claude got his grocery list ready. Great Clips is in the Kroger building but opens on the exterior of the building. Claude dropped me off and then went to grocery shop. My stylist was very nice. We talked about The Drive Claude and I are about to take. She knew nothing of the Lewis & Clark Expedition. Amazing. She did and nice job and finished before Claude finished shopping. He was only picking up things for a food box for us to have in the car on our trip. I walked outside to the front of Kroger. I saw where Claude parked the Jeep and could tell Claude was not there. I sent Claude a text telling him I was coming in the store looking for him. I walked the entire HUGE store from one end to the other and back again and never saw Claude. I went to the entrance where the electric carts are parked and sat there to wait for him. I was a good place to sit. I knew he would come to that door to get to the Jeep. I was able to read some of the missionary eMail's I get each Monday.
We decided we earned a biscuit. Biscuits and sodas and a place to park not facing the sun. Windows rolled down and we talked and ate. I just love these sessions.
Claude napped while I cleared more on the DVR. Would like to have all my stuff gone so it can fill up while we are gone.
After Claude woke up, I cleared out my eMails and text messages. Then I watched a Northern Disclosure episode. Then it was time for a quiet evening with Claude. I was trying to keep this week fairly low-key before we got to The Drive.
Wednesday, August 26th, was laundry day. I had not done laundry for two weeks so there was a lot more than usual. This would allow us Thursday to pack for the trip.
Claude has an audiology appointment that went well.
I also did some laptop work. Cleared more on the DVR. Watched one more Northern Disclosure. And I reviewed my lesson to be given in Relief Society when we return.
Katelyn called. She received rave reviews at her work. So proud of her diligence.
In the evening, we watched our Lewis & Clark Corps of Discovery DVD in preparation for our trip.
Thursday, August 27th, was a busy final day before The Drive. I woke before Claude and checked the weather in each location we will be in on our trip. This was to facilitate a better packing job. We will have temps during this trip from the 60's during the day to the 100's during the day. We will change time zones multiple times. What an adventure for us.
Claude cut the grass in the front and back yards on last time before the trip.
While he cut the grass, I folded my clothes to be packed, watered the plants one more time, and stopped the mail.
I had my annual physical with Dr. Lyon. I remembered the three items: cat, apple & truck. This is the test that really drives us older as we nuts. They want to see if we have the beginning stages of dementia. I passed with flying colors. Dr. Lyon was over-the-moon happy with my weight loss since he last saw me. I have lost 18 pounds according to him. I will keep on with the intermittent fasting diet for as long as I want.
I returned home. Made sure Claude was getting a nap in while I cleared the DVR, had some lunch, did my fingernails and watered the plants. I also changed my purse for the trip.
We went to Burger King for dinner. Claude did yard work so we qualified for that outing.
I attended the Relief Society August Activity which was food and karoke. Our spiritual thought was given by Sarah Sepos. She gave us each a rubber band. We talked about ways to use it and to do any of those you must stretch the rubber band. We are like this. We are all daughters of Heavenly Father with great abilities given to us. We must stretch to use them and as we do so we grow into all our Father has for us. You have divine worth and potential.
Then we enjoyed some snacks and had some conversations. After that, the karaoke began. We sang fun songs and some tender songs. Everyone enjoyed all of them.
I hurried home after our activity to get the Relief Society newsletter finished and disbursed via eMail and Facebook. Then I finished this Blog so that my next entry will be our trip. I will finish this evening by completing the packing process. The some sleep to be ready to leave tomorrow about 9am. Whew! Good week.









No comments:
Post a Comment