Monday, August 17th, was a day to accomplish more trip planning. I worked on hotels, boat rides and a waterfall tour.
Claude had a doctor's appointment with Dr. Slabaugh regarding his prostate cancer check. I went with him because of a promise for lunch after. Claude's appointment was in Lexington. It went well and Claude got a good review. No detection of the cancer coming back. Hallelujah!! After his appointment, we went to Schlotzsky's for that lunch I was promised. Sure wish they would put a Schlotzsky's in Georgetown. Yum.
We enjoyed watching some movies in the evening. While we watched movies, I sent texts to families to see if they would be available for a visit on the days we were in their area.
On Sunday, Aubrey posted this picture of Nelson. He is our great grandmonster. Oh how he is growing up. He loves to smile and if very good at it.
Tuesday, August 18th, while Claude worked on cutting the front lawn and edging it, I set to work to update the grid for The Drive with that family visits and places we would stay. This is where I discovered on the last page of the grid I did not changed the date to the next day. It started with the previous day on page 8. Ugh!! Now all those relative visits were on a wrong date. I corrected the dates, contacted the relatives and redid the hotels. Oh My Goodness!!
Claude made us a new spaghetti and shrimp recipe for dinner. Yum!! Then we watch Les Miserable & Phantom of the Opera.
Wednesday, August 19th, was a productive day! Yeah!! We started it with a biscuit breakfast. Claude would take care of the back yard mowing and edging. I headed to Sandiland. I finalized the grid for The Drive. Then I made a shortened version to mail to the family next week. I got the travel folder ready. I had maps of sites we would visit. I put these on my Kindle so we could see larger versions as we traveled. I also found sticky tabs and put them on the paper atlas on the states we would travel through. I had already marked with highlighters the rivers in blue and the spots we would stop at with hot pink and the roads we would travel with yellow.
In the afternoon, I went to the church to practice the organ. Elizabeth Christensen would be with her family Sunday and asked if I could substitute. I am always happy when she asks if I can sub for her.
Claude made us a crab cake dinner. Really good. Then we started watching the Indiana Jones movies.
Thursday, August 20th, in the morning, Claude took my car to get an oil change and the tires rotated before our trip.
I stayed home to focus on Relief Society things that needed done to complete August and to carry me through September as we would be gone most of the month. I got the newsletter as complete as it could be. I will finish it up Thursday evening before we leave. I completed all the birthday cards and got them ready to take the Debra Hatchett who will mail them while we are gone. I completed the conducting form on the Google Drive so I can work with it on the road while we are gone.
In the afternoon, I drove to Frankfort to Zaxby's to have lunch with my BFF, Laura Carter. It was delightful to sit and visit with her while we ate for about 3 hours. I love this Lady with all my heart. She is truly a sister to me.
In the evening, Claude cooked himself a steak. We would finish the Indiana Jones movies.
Friday, August 21st, I had a poor night's sleep. My day then felt off all day long.
I went to the church to practice the organ one more time. Once home, I learned the Cordell and Kris might could see us on the 15th. That meant a change of times visiting my sisters, a change of two hotels. I got the done and sent our new times we would be available to them. Hopefully that will work out for a good little visit with them.
Claude decided he should take me to McAlister's for dinner. Then we returned home and watched a Roy Orbison concert and a Neil Diamond concert. What great music we had back in the day.
Laura sent me a link to a YouTube video of someone singing "Oh Lord, It's Hard to be Humble". She said Howard said it is and always has been his theme song. Claude I and chuckled. I got up and went to find this picture.
I shared this with Laura: "42 years ago we moved from Denver to Maryland. Claude was bishop of the Denver 6th Ward when we moved. Quietly the sisters passed our squares of white fabric to the members. The members did whatever they wanted on their quilt block. Then some sweet sister put them all together in this quilt for us to take with us to remember their love for Bishop Claude and his family. There are at least two squares that hark to Claude's theme song "Oh Lord, It's Hard to be Humble". What fun that it is Howard's them song! Love this!" Laura was very happy about this as well and said we are truly sisters with like misters!
Saturday, August 22nd, was a blessed day at home. I finished weeding my flower beds in the morning. It takes several times with breaks between. But I got it done. When we return, it will be time to start trimming back the plants for winter. Goodness how time flies.
I cut Claude's hair. Then I cleared things on the DVR while Claude took his nap. I watered my poor plants. I prepared an eMail with the Relief Society lessons and announcements for while we are gone. Now I can copy and paste that information into an eMail and a Facebook post each week. This was made much more difficult by my laptop deciding I didn't have a printer for it to print to. I printed one document. Then when I went to do the next, the printer didn't do anything. I checked the setting and found it had a document to print but it couldn't find it. Then I realized it didn't have my printed listed as a device it was connected to. Ugh. After trying several things, closed everything out and restarted my laptop. That did the trick and I was able to finish my task. It takes patience I tell you, patience. I also redid my fingernails.
Sunday, August 23rd, Today has been a good Sunday. Woke up rested and ready to go before Claude. I got things done on my phone. We got ready and headed to church. I was able to play the organ. I also took roll for Relief Society (which is much easier from the stand). Then I conducted Relief Society.
We went to 5 Guys for lunch as Chipotle was really full. Bailey called as we left and we had a nice conversation with our girl. She is all in her room and ready to begin her sophomore year of college classes tomorrow.
Claude napped while I cleared more from the DVR. Then I came to my laptop to finish my Blog and pictures for the previous week.
Now on to a quiet evening before the final push to be ready to travel.


No comments:
Post a Comment