Friday, June 25, 2010

I Just Find Him Fascinating...

Yesterday Katelyn worked in the morning. Then we had a bit of time at home with her. Then we headed toward Shelbyville.

We had to stop in Georgetown at the Theatres of Georgetown first. Katelyn is a HUGE fan of the Twilight Series. Eclipse comes to the big screen at midnight Tuesday evening. I called the Georgetown Theatres yesterday and they had tickets you can purchase ahead of time. We have invited Grampa to join us but he had declined. He did graciously drop us off at the theatre so we could get out tickets.

Then we were off to Shelbyville. We were meeting Andie, Hayden and Bailey for dinner at Taco Bell. Katelyn is going to spend a couple of days with this dear Aunt. Katelyn and Andie have a wonderful Niece/Aunt relationship they treasure very much. Andie was meeting us to pick-up Katelyn.

While we were eating, Hayden was next to me and chattering away about all things having to do with outer space. He is a virtual encyclopedia of space data. Many a sentence starts with, "Ma, did you know..." It just amazes me the things he can remember.

At one point he used a very big word that surprised us. Now, I'm old enough I can't remember what the word was, but I do remember Andie (who was sitting across the table from me) looking at me and we both had surprised looks on our faces. The kind that say without using our voices, "Where did he learn that word?" 

Hayden picked up on the eye contact and he paused ever so briefly. Then he said, "Do you want me to clarify?" I asked him to please 'clarify', which he did.

Then he could see the amused look between Andie and me, again unspoken.

He paused again and said, "Do you want me to clarify the meaning of clarify?"

Now I was ready to lose it completely. Hayden has the most wonderful little face and grin and he just brings me a lot of joy.

Bailey was relaxing between Claude and me on the bench against the window. When I say relaxing, I mean...she had her head in my lap and her legs propped up on her Claude. This little Chicky is very comfortable in her own skin.

At one point Andie pointed so I would look at her. She was standing between Claude and me looking out the window. While standing there, Claude had his arm along the bench and Bailey was just looking out that window and stroking all that hair that is on Claude's arm. Really cute.

It felt strange to part with Katelyn. I know she'll have fun picking blueberries with Andie this morning. Then she is watching Bailey while Andie takes Hayden to a doctor's appointment. Katelyn loves kidlings and particularly Hayden and Bailey so a good time will be had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment