Friday, December 30, 2022

Finishing up Christmas Dates...

Monday, December 19th, we enjoyed Christmas date #11. I found this on Facebook. Louisville has a tourist site that listed, with pictures, Christmas events in the Louisville area. This one was held at Iroquois Park and was a new one to us. It was titled Winter Woods Spectacular. It was about a quarter of a mile walk through the lights on a nicely paved walkway. There are bits of up and down but nothing major at all. The music that fills the air with certain displays ranges from Willie Nelson to the Hallelujah Chorus. It was absolutely delightful. I took 160 pictures. My intent was to post them for Joann and John to see. Joann is Claude's older sister. She fell and broke her leg and is in a rehab facility. At this same time John had gall stones tearing up his insides. They were both in the hospital on different floors at the same time. Ugh! Needless to say, they were not able to get out for Christmas lights. My hope was they would enjoy these pictures together for a bit of Christmas magic. I will post some of my favorite pictures below. Not all 160 pictures. I was completely enveloped in purple lights. I LOVE PURPLE!! Claude and I tried to take a selfie. We really need lots more practice at that. The last picture is Claude looking at the lights and listening to music. Love this man!
We returned home to our own modest light display for outside this year. We did add a holly garland with lights around our front door. I also purchased some more snowflake lights for the walkway as part of ours wore out. I love our front yard. 
Tuesday, December 20th, we had a day at home with an outing to choir practice in the evening. We also ate dinner at Jimmy John's. 

Wednesday, December 21st, was another quiet day at home.

Thursday, December 22nd, we had our 12th Date of Christmas. Amy Coyne, a friend of ours, makes delicious cinnamon rolls. I purchase enough for our Christmas morning breakfast from her. I go to her home and pick up the frozen cinnamon rolls. Our date would be to Amy's to pick up frozen cinnamon rolls with dinner at Burger King.

There...we made it to 12 Dates of Christmas. This should be our tradition each Christmas season. We visited things we have done in the past. Found some new things we have never done and totally enjoyed. We had great time together and seeing our part of this beautiful world. It was a good thing to do.

A few Christmas memes for this week. Well, one isn't Christmas but it still cracked me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment