Thursday, March 14, 2024

Returning and Catching Up on this Blog...

Tuesday, May 5th, Returning to Kentucky. I love the Flight Tracker on these long flights. This Delta flight had the best Flight Tracker ever. It would show the map where we were and the countries we were over in a very detailed manner. I was able to look out the window and see the land. Then watch the tracker and know what I was looking at. 

Pictures of leaving Italy. 
France-Italy Border.
Swiss Alps. 
When we got to New York's JFK Airport, Claude had already hiked from the outer parking lot at the Rome airport, through that airport and down the forever long hallways to the gate. Once in JFK, we had to walk forever to get to Customs. Then to baggage claim and from there we were directed upstairs where we had to go through security again. Then down the forever long halls to the gate. I assured Claude this was enough walking for him. We had almost a four-hour layover at JFK. I told Claude when the counter people for the gate appeared, I was going to request a wheelchair for him in Cincinnati. 

When the counter person arrived, I went up to him and explained our situation and requested him to see if we could get a wheelchair to get Claude to baggage claim in Cincinnati. Love this man's heart. He quickly looked to move us to seats closer to the front of the aircraft, so Claude didn't have to walk to the back of the plane. He put in the request for the wheelchair in Cincinnati. I was so very happy with this service. 

Sure enough, we had a very thoughtful young man in Cincinnati who pushed Claude to the baggage claim. Had a delightful conversation with him. We would walk from baggage claim to the bus to get us to the lot where the Jeep was parked. The bus dropped us right by the Jeep. All that went very smoothly, and we made it to the Jeep, paid the King's Ransom to get the Jeep out of the lot, and made our way home. Arrived home about 11:30pm.

Wednesday, March 8th, Claude generously suggested that we start our time home with a breakfast biscuit run. We were awake by 7am. We got up and headed to Bojangles. After our breakfast, we went to Kroger for groceries, then the cleaners and left some of Claude's clothes. Then home for the remainder of the day. When I got home, my tummy started to churn. I hurled all of my breakfast. This seems to be happening more often than I like. Laundry was done. Pictures were uploaded to the laptop and the process of labeling them began. As I would finish labeling a day, I would post those pictures to Facebook.

Thursday, March 7th, I had my appointment with Dr. Lyon for my annual physical. I also used this time to explain our injuries. He tested my arm and was very sure the rotator cuff was torn. He referred me to Physical Therapy in an office across from his office. Claude has used them before. He also took blood work and increased one of the blood pressure medications. We stopped by Scott County Physical Therapy on the way home and made an appointment for Monday to start physical therapy on my arm. Evidently, I must do this first to qualify for an MRI. Claude would go to the pharmacy in the later afternoon and pick up the prescriptions. 

Friday, March 8th, Dr. Lyons office called to let me know all of my blood work was normal. No issues with any of it. Hallelujah!!

Saturday, March 9th, I finished labeling pictures and posted them all to Facebook. Then I started my Blog entries for each day. 

Sunday, March 10th, Daylight Savings Time reared its ugly head. We are just getting close to making the 6-hour adjustment from Italy and they toss another hour difference on us. Ugh!!

We had Relief Society presidency meeting at our home after church. Heidi Barney brought two of her kids, Laynie and Silas, with her. They have been to our home before. Heidi brought them lunch. They ate and then headed back to Sandiland after finding a movie in the guest bedroom. They couldn't get the movie to work in Sandiland. We took the movie to the guest bedroom television, and it worked perfectly. I told them they could curl up on the bed and watch the movie and that would be just fine. After our presidency meeting, Heidi and I went back to check on the kids. They were curled up on the bed and covered with the patriotic quilt Claude was given for his service in the Air Force. It just melted my heart. Heidi took this picture and sent it to me. I just love this so much.
Monday, March 11th, my first physical therapy appointment was at 9:30am. Claude drove me. I have not tried driving yet. My right arm will not raise by itself when I hold it out straight in front of me. Not feeling safe about putting it on a steering wheel yet. Everyone at Scott County PT seems very friendly and eager to help. Their office runs so that anyone can pick up your file and see where you are in treatment and move you along to the next thing you should do for treatment. I liked that. It is all directed by one man, but all the employees can follow the instructions on your chart and help you keep flowing through the treatment process. I was sent home with three pages of pictured instructions for exercises to do twice a day at home. 

Tuesday, March 12th, Claude was up REALLY early to go the the Governor's Prayer Breakfast in Frankfort. 

I got up not long after he left and started my day. I did my exercises for my shoulder. Sure leaves it sore but I know how important these exercises are to healing. I shall be diligent in doing them. I did the ironing except for one really tricky piece. It is a shirt Claude only uses when we travel so it can wait until I am much better. Then I spent my time working Blog entries.

In the evening, we drove to Frankfort for dinner at Staxx BBQ. Then to LaGrange for Bailey's LEPA Preview Concert. It was excellent as usual. Bailey is in the Symphonic Band. They played three numbers. This helps them prepare for their assessment next week. 
Wednesday, March 13th, we visited Vicky Drakeford and took her chocolate from Italy. Vicky was married to our realtor. She worked right with him when we sold our Sadieville home and bought our home in Georgetown. Wendell passed away from cancer while we were in Italy. Vickie told us before we left for Italy to please bring her chocolate. We were following up with her on that sweet request. We had such a nice visit. She shared Wendell's last few days, his request to be cremated and not to have a funeral, and how she will buy two flowering trees and plant them in two different places in her yard. Under them she will put Wendell's ashes. He loved flowering trees and this will be the perfect way for her to have and remember him in the future. 

My afternoon was spent catching up and finishing my Blog. I would do my exercises for my shoulder. Then have a quiet evening at home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment