Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Thoughts...

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year. The Marx family and Jake were able to come. We visited with the Thompson grandmonsters via telephone. Junie flew Papa out to have Thanksgiving with all her family. He truly enjoyed visiting all his grand and great-grand kids. Tiny was happy to be in Sadieville with us and the mini-Marx's. But she was really happy when Jake came to pay attention to her. We brought Mimi out to have dinner with us. So everyone had a spot to be. Claude smoked a HUGE turkey and we enjoyed a feast and then sandwiches after. I baked sweet potato pies like Gramma Fisch made when I was a kid. So it was a very traditional day and we are happy.
We have lived in this home 4 years now. Our 1st Thanksgiving here was not long after moving in. The basement was not finished and we filled the living space with all the Thompson's, Marx's, Jake, Mimi & Papa and Claude and I. Mimi and Papa had the guest bedroom, Claude and I had our bedroom and the floor was scattered with sleeping bags for the Thompson grandmonsters. Andie and Michael were on an air mattress in Claude's office with Hayden in a pack 'n play. Nissa and David had an air mattress on the concrete floor of what was becoming my sewing room. Jake got a sofa. We filled this house with lots of fun and food. Andie provided the recipe for turkey waffles on Thanksgiving morning. The kids ran in the unfinished basement. Hayden hurled on my Dr. Pepper t-shirt. Later we learned our little guy had really bad reflux. The whirlpool bath was like a swimming pool for the grandmonsters. Now Katelyn is 16 yrs old, Paul 12 and Aubrey 10. Hayden just turned 4 and Bailey will soon be 2. I find myself truly grateful for my family. I have been blessed with 3 wonderful kids and 5 really fun grandmonsters. Claude and I enjoy the home of our dreams that just feels so peaceful and warm. We have plenty and some to share with others. I enjoy my life and find pleasure in what it offers. I can't wait to see what the next year brings!!

2 comments:

  1. I miss you and can't wait to see ya at Christmas !!!!!!!! LOVE YA !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting our noisy brood again this year! We enjoyed the feast and of course our leftovers! What fun we have had in Sadieville over the last four years.

    ReplyDelete