Thursday, February 26, 2009

The MOTHER of Invention...

We keep a dorm fridge in our pantry and keep it full of soda pops. On the door, in the slots at the top, I have cans of Sprite. On the top shelf of the inside I have Dr. Pepper (Nectar of the Gods!) and Mountain Dew. The bottom shelf inside is Diet Pepsi. The bottom shelf on the door is reserved for Dr. McGillacuddy's Root Beer (a Kentucky original and only purchased at Buffalo Trace Distillery in Frankfort, KY). Claude was in Bowling Green, KY for a couple of days for training. I stayed home to get some house work done (beginnings of some spring cleaning). I was restocking the dorm fridge and noticed the cans of Sprite. Then I had a 'flash of intellect'. Amazingly, I kept that thought until Claude came home last night. While watching TV in the evening, I said to the hunter/gatherer of our family, "Would you like a ________(fill in the blank) to drink?" He said, "That sounds good." So I made us a __________(fill in the blank) to drink and we both tried it. It was delicious. We haven't thought of a name for it yet but we will definitely try it again. Here is the recipe. Take 2 glasses, fill them with ice cubes, take 1 can of Sprite and pour half of it into each of the 2 glasses, fill remaining portion of each glass with apple juice. It was so refreshing and we totally enjoyed it. Since I put these together in the dark it wasn't until this morning that I noticed I had picked out a can of Mountain Dew (which had been put in a Sprite slot on the door) instead of a can of Sprite. At any rate, if you want a nice refreshing drink that gets some juice in you, try this. My next foray into 'drink mixing' will be to make up some grape juice and put a can of Sprite in it. I'm hoping it will be as refreshing as the apple juice.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm.. Apple Juice & Sprite was a favorite combo of mine to combat morning sickness. Anything you wish to discuss? Just kidding....

    ReplyDelete