Friday, October 16, 2009

Quiet in the Country???

Normally...our spot in Kentucky is very quiet. This afternoon was NOT. While in my sewing room I heard a siren. I really didn't pay much attention until I heard the second siren. Then my curiosity was piqued.

I went to the window in my sewing room to see what I could see. The sirens sounded like they stopped across the creek from our home. Sure enough there was a fire truck and an emergency SUV parked at the white house across Hwy. 32.

I ran upstairs to tell Claude. His office faces the front of the house so he was hearing the sirens but not what else was happening. We hurried to the back part of the house and watched from our bedroom windows and sometimes on the deck. It was very cold outside today so coming in to warm up was a necessity.

In a short while the other vehicles were joined by a big rescue truck and another fire truck. Then 2 more SUV's. Then the Georgetown ladder truck and a sheriff car. A few more SUV's came. Then another fire truck. At one point we even had the train go by.

Our quiet little spot in Kentucky was not very quiet. We did see smoke coming from both sides of the house at different times. The emergency vehicles stayed for several hours. We didn't hear anything on the news tonight.

Now it is quiet again and the lights are all out at the white house and we are back to life as normal in Sadieville.

No comments:

Post a Comment