Saturday, February 13, 2010

Here Comes the Bride...and Groom...

Today, Saturday the 13th of February, is our 40th Wedding Anniversary. Wow!!! We had a quiet day at home. The Michigan grandmonsters called in the morning and sang "Happy Anniversary To You". What a trip. I spent most of my time trying to clean out one of my file drawers. I have this urge to clean and throw away. I find that when that urge strikes I should take advantage of it. We have only lived in our home 5 years and a bit. I can't believe I have accumulated this much stuff again. So it felt good to try and get rid of all the extra stuff that is really not necessary for life. This afternoon we scrubbed up and headed into Lexington for an anniversary dinner. We chose to eat at Joe Carino's. We have never eaten there before and heard it was a good place. It truly is a wonderful place to eat. We had great meals and the bread is to die for. I really could be happy with breads and salads and sugars. There, I was honest!! After dinner we headed back to Georgetown. Claude had a BOGO coupon for Dairy Queen. We ate our Blizzards and visited. I pulled out my Palm Pilot. Several years ago I made Excel spreadsheets. One is the DVD's we own and the other is the VHS tapes we own. The purpose was to keep us from purchasing duplicates when we find sales and to keep a list in the piano bench so it is easy to pick what you want to watch. I scrolled down through them telling Claude the ones that piqued my interest. Then we headed back to Sadieville. When we got home Claude and I agreed we would check the eMails one more time for the evening. Then we would rendezous in the basement for a movie in front of that big TV. Claude asked me to wait before I headed down to my computer. He went to his office and came back with a card and a bag. We had agreed no gifts since we went to Hawaii and are headed to Tybee Island in a few weeks. But, nonetheless, my honey came out with a card and a gift. I opened the most beautiful card. It is pink with a ribbon and cloth with a rose imprinted on it stitched to the front. The front says, "For My Wife, My Best Friend, On our Anniversary and Always". Inside the poem says, "Loving you is the most natural thing in the world for me, and all the little things we share--the daily talks, the understood silences, and the trust and comfort of knowing we have each other to come home to--keep our love changing and growing and alive with all the promise and wonder of sharing our days and nights together. On our anniversary and always, I love you and the special life we share." (Not that you needed to read the poem but I want it in my journal.) Then Claude signed it, "If I had a nickel for every wonderful year you've given me..." C I'd have... Then I opened the gift. It was a little glass dish with a glass lid. Inside was a note that said, "40 nickels...I Love You." And under the note, inside the glass dish, were 40 nickels. Now isn't that just the cutest. My guy is a cowboy at heart. The first Valentine's Day we shared he gave me a heart box of candy with a cowboy on the front that said, "Please don't stomp on my heart little darlin'." I just loved that box of candy and still have the box filled with other stuff. Cowboy's have an interesting way of surprising a girl with just the right sentiment at just the right time. Way to go Claude...you scored many points today!! Now I'm off to listen to an Eagle's Concert a full volume in our basement on the big TV with my cowboy. I'm even going to do a little needlework while we enjoy the Eagles. What a good day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment