Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sweet Sentiment...

The other day Andie planned to make chicken enchiladas for her family dinner. She was using a recipe that I gave her. She made some notes on the recipe and needed some help interpreting what the notes were about. She called me to see if I could help.

I found my copy of the recipe and we figured out what her notes were. I told Andie that this was really my mother's (Mimi) recipe.

That night as their family was eating dinner Andie told the kids that the recipe was really Mimi's recipe. Hayden told Andie, "This recipe is just like Mimi." Andie asked him how it was like Mimi. Hayden's response, "It is sweet and gentle, just like Mimi."

Hayden has only known my mother with Alzheimers. He has been through the different stages with her and it just seems normal to him. I loved that this is his view of Mimi.

I called Papa and told him this story. He was deeply touched by this sweet sentiment from Hayden.

No comments:

Post a Comment