Thursday, March 3, 2011

Just Wishing and Hoping and Thinking and Praying...

I think that is the right order. It is the words to an old song from my teen years.

I've spent Sunday evening through today a might under the weather. I was mostly laying down all day yesterday. The night before I went to bed at 9pm and, while it was a VERY restless night, I didn't get up until 9am. That is a lot of laying around for this girl.

Sunday, Feb. 27th, Claude was to visit Owingsville Ward. Our home ward was having their ward conference. This meant I didn't need to find a substitute for my gospel doctrine class. So Claude and I scooped up Papa Sunday morning at O-Dark 30 and headed to Owingsville.

We were there early enough for Claude to go to a meeting prior to church beginning. Papa and I headed to the chapel to wait until time for the meetings began. It was nice to sit and chat with Papa. He is a real talker and does not get that need filled as often with Mimi not being at home anymore. So he enjoyed the talk and I enjoyed the listen.

Soon men started to come into the chapel. I kept waiting for others to come. I completely forgot that Owingsville is the only ward in our stake that has Priesthood and Relief Society first, then Sunday School and finally Sacrament Meeting. Finally one nice older man came up to me and said, "Would you like to go to Relief Society?" Then the bell went off in my slowed down brain and we all had a chuckle. I headed down the hall to Relief Society.

In Relief Society they had announcements about their upcoming Relief Society meetings. The one that caught my eye was the March Relief Society Birthday Celebration. They are calling it 'Sister Act' like the movie with Whoopi Goldberg. It will be an evening of talent by all the sisters in Owingsville Ward. They can perform something musical but they could also read a poem they wrote, display artwork they have made of any kind and even bake something if that is what they are talented at. By the time we left that meeting every sister was on board to participate. It just sounded like great fun and a very original idea.

We love to go to Owingsville. There is such a warm and friendly spirit among these good people. It was good to get Papa out of his apartment and into the country. Our bad winter had slowed that ability down for him and now the gas prices are going to practically eliminate it for him. He really enjoyed being there and so did Claude and me.

By Sunday evening my throat was getting sore and I knew I was not feeling well. Monday morning when I woke up I knew it was a stay at home day. I called Papa and told him I wasn't coming in to practice to sing on Wednesday. Wednesday I called and told my Countryside Homemakes Club I would not be attending and I called Papa and told him I couldn't sing. Now it is Thursday and I have not been out of my home since I got home Sunday afternoon. Yesterday was the worst so I'm assuming that was the peak of whatever this is I have. I just laid prone all day. Today I have determined I would stay up all day. I just done a project and then sit down to rest. But I've made it through so far. I bet I rest well tonight though.

I'm grateful that Katelyn loaned me her book titled "Breaking Dawn". It is the 4th book in the Twilight series. It is hands down the best of the books. Katelyn told me that this summer when we walked about it. She was on target with that assessment. It was nice to have this book on hand (I borrowed it from her when we went to Michigan in February). I felt like I wasn't wasting all my time being sick.

I did take my Sunday School lesson materials into the living room and left them on the coffee table to study. I tried. But my head was not as clear as I wanted to remember cross references and things.

Claude brought me chocolate cake and Ben & Jerry's New York Superfudge Chunk ice cream on one of his trips to Georgetown. Such a guy!!!

So I sit here this Thursday evening 'wishin' I will continue to get better, 'hopin' that I don't get sick again (this is my third bout with something this winter), 'thinkin' about how blessed I am to have this home I love to be in so that being home sick is not a chore and 'prayin' my mind will clear so I can focus on that Sunday School lesson. That about sums my week up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment