Monday, March 28, 2011

I Can Be Taught...

I missed my Countryside Homemaker's meeting this month because I was very sick. This year we have made a little craft project after each meeting. March's craft project was to learn a Maple Leaf quilt square. I had purchased my material and was very disappointed I missed this opportunity to learn a little more about quilting.

The meeting was held a Faye's home and she was teaching this craft. She lives down the street from me. She made a little bag for me with the instructions to make the square, a template to cut the square and a sample of some squares she made. Love her heart. I was so happy to find this in my mailbox a couple of weeks ago.  Faye said I could keep the samples until I had a chance to make my own squares. 

Today I made a square and then realized I had enough material to make two square. They turned out pretty good for a beginner. It was fun to make them and I would happily use this pattern again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment