Sunday, March 20, 2011

Simply Wonderful...

The last few days have been just simply wonderful. I almost don't want to rock this boat by saying that, but 'that's a true statement' as my father-in-law used to say.

Last Thursday we had Papa come out to the house in the morning. He received his lease from the real estate company and we needed to sign with him and get it notarized. He brought his trusty side-kick, Tiny, with him.

He sipped a root beer while we called the Lifeline people and ordered his Lifeline alert system.

Then Papa wanted to take his morning walk up on the hill beyond our home. He loves walking up there. It sort of reminds me of Jake going to Gettysburg. Just clears the head and gives one time to think and ponder the verities of life. I noted the time he left to be sure of the time I should start worrying if he didn't return. Papa enjoyed that walk but he came back puffing. I opened the door and he hurried in and said, "That hill has gotten steeper!"  We both had a chuckle.

Then Papa and Tiny left to go back to Georgetown so Papa could get to the nursing home to feed Mimi.

The rest of the day I worked on projects here and there. It was just a good day to get some things finished up at a leisurely pace. Sure felt good not to have to rush to get something done by a certain time.

Friday morning my new visiting teaching companion came and joined me to visit Linda. Linda lives further out that we do from Georgetown. This would be Debra and Linda's first time to meet each other. I love visiting Linda and her two little grandkids. We had a wonderful visit and enjoyed the time chatting.

Friday afternoon was another slower paced afternoon. I went upstairs to Claude's office and proposed that he take me into Georgetown to visit my mother and then treat me to dinner out. He was up for that idea. So we set the time to leave the house and then finished working on the things we both had started. I visit mom and Claude visited the CVS Pharmacy and the Family Dollar Store (I needed more Sudoku books). Then we went to Appleby's for my favorite dinner of Won-Ton Tacos. Yummy!!!

Rain came a tiny bit on our drive home. But we both commented on what a great day we were having. We ended the evening by watching TV in the basement. While we watched I worked at my computer editing some files I have saved there.

Saturday would be a day at home for both Claude and me. We slept a bit later, not much, just a bit. Then we both started our projects for that day. Mine was to finish my Sunday School lesson preparation. Claude had a talk to finish preparing for Sunday. We kept at it all day and in the evening we curled up in the living room to watch TV. I'm trying to finish up a cross-stitch project and that kept my hands moving.

We also wanted to watch the Super Moon that evening. At 8pm I went out and couldn't find the moon anywhere. Laura called to remind me to look. I assured her I had looked once and couldn't find the moon. Laura said it was just coming up over the horizon in Frankfort. I went out on the deck and looked again, no moon. Then I went out front and walked down the driveway, no moon. By now it was about 8:30pm. I headed back to the deck again with Laura still on the phone laughing at me for not being able to find the moon. When what to my wondering eyes should appear...wait...that's for a holiday in the future!! Behind a building in Sadieville proper you could see a bright halo starting to appear. That lovely moon was just starting to rise over our hills.

It was fun to watch it and go out every few minutes and try to get another picture, always hoping that at least one of the many I took might work out a bit. I did get some pictures that I'm happy enough with that I kept them. The first two are of the moon through the trees, then the last three are of the moon as it rose in the sky. It is not easy to get a picture of the moon with my little camera. But I'll share these because I'm happy with them as my best efforts with my little camera. I've tried on other moons and never had this much luck.
Today was a really good Sabbath. Claude had to be up and out of the house early so he was gone before I ever woke up.

Church was really good. The speakers in sacrament meeting were excellent. I enjoyed teaching my sunday school class. There was a combine Priesthood/Relief Society session about LDS Family Services & Child Services. We tried to have choir practice. I visited my mom for an hour. Then I visited Papa and we picked out music for this coming Wednesday. Claude and I are now home and doing a few restful things. We're going to enjoy the Eagles Concert tonight while I work on my computer files again.

I think I've enjoyed these days because I set the pace for my life and accomplished some things but didn't feel like I had to set the world on fire completing my 'to do' lists. I hope there are some more of those days in this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment