Saturday, March 12, 2011

Saturday Silliness...

Just a couple of sillies I enjoyed today that I would like to remember:

Today I journeyed to the nursing home at lunch time to spend some time with my mom while Papa fed her lunch. It takes a while, often an hour and a half, to get her lunch down her. When I got there she was not eating well for Papa. He was pretty sure he would get this entire meal down her. We sat and he patiently continued to try. Eventually he got all her food and her milk down her. She truly turned her nose up at the water. I'm sure there was even a stern look at Papa when he tried to sneak the water in between bites. When she finished all the food and the milk Papa congratulated Mimi on successfully eating all her food. We said our goodbyes and headed to the parking lot. My plan was to take Papa to lunch.

As we crossed the parking lot, Papa was again recounting how Mimi ate all her lunch. This makes him so happy and he shares the fact several times with me. It is often the point of conversation when I call him to check on him. It is the one thing he can physically do for her and it is very important to him.

We ordered our food at Arby's and sat across from a couple with a 9 month old baby girl. Papa just love little children so it was the perfect seating arrangement. The father and mother loved having someone carry on about their beautiful little girl. After the family finished their meal, the father brought the little girl over to say goodbye to Papa. Really cute.

Papa continued to eat. I finished and share some information I gathered on a "Lifeline" monitor that we might want to get for him at some point. Papa eats slower than I do so it worked out well timing wise. He was able to finish eating while I shared the information I had gathered.

When Papa was finished and we got up to leave, I looked him straight in the eye and said, "You got your whole meal eaten. I'm so happy!"  We both had a chuckle.

Tonight Claude and I were watching a movie on TV. I left the room for a minute and when I came back I picked up my needlework. Then I couldn't find my glasses. I'm lifting patterns and floss and looking under them. No glasses. I looked at Claude and said, "I can't find my glasses." ...  Are your ready for this? ... Claude looked at me and said, "They're on your nose."  Then we both burst out laughing. I just get so used to them being on the end of my nose till, sometimes, I don't even feel them there.

And that is Saturday Silliness for this week.

1 comment: