Friday, February 14, 2014

Family...

Papa:

Last Friday I took Papa back to Dr. Weckman's office for another blood test.  This time the results were excellent.  The blood count which should be between 2 and 3 while taking warfarin was at 3.1.  Dr. Weckman said not to come back for 3 months.  This is good news.

Papa actually walked into the doctor's office without his cane.  He was really moving better. A little limp and not running mind you, but moving better than he has in a long, long time.

Wednesday I took Papa back to Walmart.  His glasses have created a rut in each side of his nose. The right side is particularly troublesome. I believe his old glasses had worn out nose pieces and that is where it started.  They put new nose pieces when we got his new lenses but it didn't seem to help.  This time they put a nose piece that is a bridge and not two little flat pieces on each side of his nose.  He says it feels a lot better.  Hope it will work for him.

Bailey:

Last Saturday was Miss Bailey's 7th birthday.  Andie had a 'PJ and Breakfast' birthday party for our little girl. She had a wonderful time with them.  We went over in the afternoon and opened our gifts for her.  She loved the purple headband with the worry dolls on it from Guatemala best. 

Then Claude and I scooped up Hayden and Bailey and took them to get some dinner then to the movie.  Their choice for dinner was McDonald's. The movie we saw was 'Frozen'.  They saw it on their cruise.  Claude and I had not seen it and waited to see it until we could see it with Hayden and Bailey. Andie and Michael took this opportunity to have an early Valentine's dinner at a nice restaurant.  They met us at the mall and took the kids home and Claude and I headed to Sadieville.  It was fun to be with the Mini's again.

Claude:

Claude continues his campaign to be District 1's Magistrate.  This last week his ads started to appear in the Georgetown NewsGraphic:
I love that he talked to the newspaper and determined the best bang for his buck was to support their page listing all the churches in Georgetown.  He felt good about supporting the importance of religion while he campaigned.

His other ad was in the Scott County Shopper:
I posted this on Facebook and titled it - "Can you find Claudo?"  I felt so clever.  We had a friend say it was a great placement because people are always looking for the Sonic coupon.  It is also on the front page.

Aubrey:

I don't remember putting this on my Blog.  Our middle granddaughter tried out and was accepted for a major talent show in Muskegon.  There are only two teens chosen from each school to participate.  The kids then participate in the talent show and doing so they compete for monetary prizes of several hundred dollars.  It is a big deal and we are so proud of her for trying and then for being chosen.  Claude and I texted back and forth with Nissa this morning and plans are now set to go to Muskegon to watch Aubrey the two nights she performs.  Aubrey does have a beautiful voice and I know she will do great.

Katelyn:

Our oldest grandmonster has been promoted at her job to a full-time position.  She will get a nice raise and is very happy about this opportunity. Yeah Katelyn!

Weather:

We continue to have the whackiest winter yet in Kentucky. Today it got warm enough for the snow to melt a bit. Right now it is snowing again.  Claude just said, "I'm really tired of the snow."  I can't get the concrete outside of Papa's front door to melt.  Lots of salt on it.  Lots of trying to shovel it. The downspout has frozen full of ice. The melting is actually coming from the gutters and everytime I get the ice about gone, more melting happens and after I leave it then re-freezes overnight.  I keep cautioning Papa about going out that door.  I just know winter will end soon.  Usually by February we have many more days that are in the 40's and 50's.  I just know it will end soon.

We canceled our Countryside homemakers meeting the 5th of February because of a very bad ice and snow storm Tuesday evening. We determined just to cancel it for this month and combine the lessons in March.  Turns out that was the right choice as the next Wednesday (12th) we had another snow storm come through.

Sandi:

I had another of those sweet moments that come with being a Primary president.  Jared Charles turned 7 years old. I wanted to take his baptism preparation materials to him.  However his family live out in the country and down a long lane in the woods.  The road is rutted and difficult to drive on and now, with it covered with snow and ice, it is impossible.  I asked if his mom was bringing him into Georgetown at some point and I could take them to Dairy Queen for ice cream. We did that Wednesday evening.  Jared was so excited he was about ready to pop. I asked him if he wanted ice cream or his baptism things first. Ice cream, of course. We got him a chocolate dipped cone and I got a small strawberry sundae and we headed to the extra room where it was a little quieter.  We enjoyed our ice cream and talked about all the missed days of school.  Then I gave him his baptism materials.  When I gave him his Book of Mormon with a challenge to read it over the next year, he was very happy. He couldn't believe it was for him and he got to keep it.  He opened it up and looked at some of the pages.  Then he found a random verse and started to read. As he read he came across the word 'Egypt'. I said, "I am going there."  He paused and gave me that toothy look only a 7 year old boy can give. Then he said, "Why would you want to go there?" Cracked me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment