Friday, February 14, 2014

Forty-Four...

Yesterday marked the ending of one year and the beginning a new year in the history of the marriage of Claude and Sandi. This is my Facebook post about this most auspicious occasion.
These are pictures of the man I fell in love with and then married 44 years ago on Friday the 13th. He has always been the best looking guy around. He is a great father and grandfather. We have been on many adventures as he completes that part of my personality that would be more cautious. He is strong and caring. And he has provided a wonderful spot in Sadieville for us to enjoy retirement (Ha! Ha!). He is the love of my life and my dearest friend. Happy Anniversary Big Guy!!
 
And here are the photos I posted to fit with my message.
 
 
 
 
We had a wonderful anniversary.  Claude spent the day in Frankfort representing the Scott County Chamber of Commerce with other civic leaders from Scott County and Georgetown. I spent my day accomplishing things on my to do list like laundry, mailing packages, etc.
 
At one point I came upstairs to get my shower before heading into Georgetown.  There on my dresser was a card and a box.  My honey left it much earlier and I was just now finding it.  Inside was a beautiful gold heart necklace with our names engraved on it and our birthstones.  The card was vintage Claude. It read, "No matter how crazy my life gets, I know you'll be there, and when it's your turn to lose it...you can count on me. We're so screwed if it happens at the same time."
 
I met Claude in Georgetown between his meetings and before I headed to Papa's for a lovely dinner at Ruby Tuesday's.  I love their salmon.
 
Today is Valentine's Day. This is a day we don't usually observe because we have just observed our anniversary.  Claude has the tradition of purchasing a Valentine's gift for each of his grandmonsters.  He mailed that earlier.  Again, I found a surprise on my dresser.  A heart shaped box of candy with another card.  Again, that card was vintage Claude. It read, "Your arms are like a magic force field of love protecting me from evil while simultaneously keeping me warm and cozy and that's pretty sweet. (Just like you.)"  He did surprise me.
 
I am feeling the love...bring on year 45!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment