Friday, October 31, 2014

A Full Day...

Monday, Oct 27th, started at 6:30am.  Up and got ready for my Primary presidency meeting.  Left the house at 7:30am and arrived just in time for my 8am meeting.  

Met with the ladies until about 10:30am.  Good meeting.  Covered lots of things and left prepared to carry on for a few more weeks with Primary.

Went to Walmart.  I had a few things I needed to purchase and was able to get that done.

Next to the Church to put up the November bulletin boards in the Primary room. 

Finished with that a little earlier than anticipated. So I opened the book Hayden gave me to read and read two chapters.

Next a quick stop at Kroger to do Papa's grocery shopping.  I made the grocery list when I visited him on Sunday.  Then to Papa's apartment to put the groceries away.  I also took him a new chart to record his weight each day.  I made a second chart for him to record his daily chores like meds for him and Tiny and meals for him and Tiny.  He is forgetting these things sometimes and he thought my suggestion of doing a chart to record when he did them would be helpful.  

Papa had a doctors appointment.  This doctor we used to have to go into Lexington to see. However, he has now opened a satellite office in Georgetown, so we didn't have to drive to Lexington. We were very happy about that.  We left his apartment and went to the building with the correct street address.  The office was supposed to be in Suite B of that building.  I had Papa stay in the car while I went in to be sure where Suite B was located.  If it was in the back of the building, I would drive around so Papa didn't have to do that walk.  Inside I found a door with a B on it.  I went back outside and told Papa to come in.  We were 15 minutes early. The voice message on my phone reminding me of the visit said to be early so we could fill out any new paperwork needed.  However, there was no answer when I knocked on the B door and it was locked.  We found chairs to wait for 15 minutes.

At 1pm I went back to the B door, which was still locked,  and knocked long and loud.  No answer.  I went back to our chairs.  A lady came out of the A door and I asked her if she knew if Dr. Slabaugh was going to be in.  She said his office was behind the A door.  I told her my address said he was in Suite B.  She said that entire side of the building was Suite B.  Papa and I entered the office and filled out the paperwork and began our wait for his appointment.  

After a few minutes, the lady opened the glass above her desk and said, "I'm so sorry to tell you this but Dr. Slabaugh is running 30 minutes late.  I assured her that would not be a problem.  Papa needed a blood test due to the warfarin he takes.  Dr. Weckman is right near the office we were in.  She smiled and was very happy we could fill our time that way.

Got Papa back into the car and drove over to Dr. Weckman's office.  Found a spot near the door.  We went in and got Papa's blood drawn.  Then I paid his co-pay and we headed back to Dr. Slabaugh's office.  We were shown to an examining room.  Before long Dr. Slabaugh came in and asked Papa a few questions.  Then I left the room so he could do an exam.  Then Dr. Slabaugh told us Papa needed a PSA test and he didn't draw blood for anything in this satellite office.  He does in his Lexington office, not in the Georgetown office.  He wrote a request for me to take to Papa's doctor for a PSA test.  Geez...

I got Papa back in my car and we drove back to Dr. Weckman's office.  No good parking spaces this time.  I left Papa at the front door and drove up the little hill to a parking spot.  Just as I pulled in the spot the nurse from Dr. Weckman's office called me to tell me what Dr. Weckman wanted Papa to do after getting the results of the blood test for the warfarin.  I told her I was in the parking lot and headed in for another blood test for PSA.  We laughed.

We got the PSA test done and got Papa back into my car.  He rode with me to Goodwill to drop off a donation.  Then I said I would take him home.  He said that was fine.  He just didn't want to go anywhere they were going to take more blood from him.  Poor guy!!

I got Papa home and gathered his laundry to bring to my home.  When I went to put the laundry basket in the trunk I found a shoe. One shoe.  Hmmmm...  Back to Goodwill I drove.

I told the girl who opened their donation door as I held up the shoe, "This is not exactly the glass slipper. But it will work better if it is with the other one I donated just a few minutes ago."  She smiled and chuckled with me through all the piercings on her lips and nose.  

I headed to Sadieville.  This was enough of a day for me.  Still had lots to do when I got home but truly all those errands out and about were a full day in and of itself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment