Friday, July 27, 2018

Celebrating the 4th of July...

This year we spent the morning of the 4th of July at home. My fingernails all had length. This is not always the case. I purchased new red nail polish and did my finger and toe nails. Then I had Claude take this picture so I could send it as my Happy 4th of July text to friends and family. I thought that was pretty clever.
In return, I received this picture from our son. I sent him a reply that he was definitely his Father's son. Andie, his sister, replied that it looked like Jake was using the force on his foot. We are an amazing family. Absolutely amazing.
I spent the afternoon visiting Papa at the nursing home. Then I hurried home to meet Claude.

Claude purchased tickets to go so the Florence Freedom play baseball. 
It was one really, really hot day. However, as I looked at the Freedom mascot I was keenly aware there was someone else at the ballpark that was much more uncomfortably hot that Claude and me.  
It was a great game. The Freedom won. Fireworks followed the game. It was actually double the amount of fireworks as a previous evening's fireworks were rained out and they used them on the 4th. Excellent. 
It was a good day for Claude and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment