Friday, July 27, 2018

July Miscellaneous Items...

Here are a few things that have happened in July that I would like to remember:

Monday, July 9th I had a follow-up with Dr. Lyon regarding my blood pressure. I am doing great. Keep the same medication. Keep doing the things I am doing and he is happy.

Thursday, July 12th I took Papa for a drive. One of the benefits of it being summer break from school is we can drive with a destination in mind. This time we drove back roads to Shelbyville, Kentucky to the Dairy Queen. Andie and the Mini's came from LaGrange and met us for a dessert and time to say hi to Papa. It was good for Papa to have this outing.

Friday, July 13th, was our oldest grandmonster, Katelyn's birthday. I posted these pictures of her from 1998. Such a cutie.
Wednesday, July 18th, Hayden got braces. Momentous occasion.
And on this day our youngest great grandmonster, Nelson, showed his Gramma Nissa his first tooth. He always has a grin. 
Friday, July 19th, I went to see Dr. Pruden. He is the surgeon that will do Moh's surgery on my nose in August. I have basal cell skin cancer and he will remove it. First, basal is the least dangerous of the skin cancers. That is good. Second, this is a very slow growing kind. Dr. Pruden says it can grow as a cluster or it can spread out root like things. Mine is the spread out kind. I don't think that is a good thing. We won't know how it will need to heal until after he sees how much he has to remove. If it is a little bit, he will just leave it open to heal. If it is a lot, we'll have to decide what to do once we see how much a lot is. But I have a month until that surgery so I choose not to worry until then.

Friday evening, July 19th, Claude and I went to see the Florence Freedom again. I had been having some hearing difference the two days prior. Ears just felt full and I wasn't hearing as good as usual. I thought it might just be allergies. We got to the ball park and went to the concession stands first to pick out what we would want for dinner. As I was standing there with Claude, I looked up at him and said, "I am very dizzy." I held on to the counter or to Claude. We got bottles of water and went to find our seats. The dizziness did not go away. This was a source of concern to us as this was the first sign I had when I had a mini-stroke in December. However, Dr. Pruden's office took my blood pressure that morning and it was really, really good. 121 over 79. I was sure this dizziness was associated with that funny hearing. Like maybe I had or was getting an ear infection or something like that. We made it through the game. I stayed seated all night and Claude did the running for food or drink. That night's sleep was awful. Any movement to my head to turn it or lift it was very disorienting and uncomfortable. When I got up Saturday, I determined I would stay home all day and down for most of the day, drink lots of water and see if I couldn't get to feeling better. You see, Sunday we were to pick up Hayden and start our week of Mini sleepovers. I needed to be ready for that. 

Saturday I did stay down for the most part and crocheted. However, I did get the laundry done throughout the day. No ironing, just the washing and drying of clothes. Crocheting and resting. By Sunday I was better. 

Sunday, July 22nd, someone posted this picture on Facebook. 
This was my past. My Gramma Fisch, my mother's mother, saved the feed sacks they got. Each was a pretty cotton print and yielded a nice piece of cloth. She would wash and press this cotton fabric and stack it on an old chest in one of the back bedrooms. She would group them by patterns. When we would go to visit, my mother would go though these pieces of cotton prints and pick the ones she liked and the number she felt she would need. Then we would get a pretty dress or some play clothes made out of that fabric. Seeing this picture just brought lots of good memories of my childhood. 

Monday, July 23rd Claude left for a bit for a meeting. He stopped and called me to tell me to go outside and look on the hill. I did so and took this picture of the geese. They usually are on the flat down by the creek. For some reason they had hiked up the hill and were foraging for bugs on the hill.
Cool!
These two pictures on Facebook cracked me up. See if they don't give you a grin... Some people have cute senses of humor.
That's it for miscellaneous for July...so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment