Sunday, August 26, 2018

#ENDALZ and #WALK2ENDALZ

Okay, I never do hash tags. However, this Saturday I made one exception. 

I received an eMail letting me know of an upcoming Walk to End Alzheimer's in Lexington on Saturday, August 26th. I forwarded it to Claude asking if he was interested in doing that with me. He was. He took on registering us on-line and we were set to walk.

Saturday we were supposed to have rain in the morning. As it turned out this made for overcast skies that kept it cool while we walked, but not rain. Yippee!!

Here are some pictures.
We each got a purple flower because we are the relative of someone who died from Alzheimer complications. On our flowers we wrote the names of my mother, Virginia Lawrence "Mimi", Julie's mother (Claude's brother's wife), Ila Hess, and Eric Malizia's mother, Janice Malizia. Eric is Julie's son-in-law. His mother died this week. I have put my flower in the front flower bed and Claude's flower in the hosta bed in the back yard. It was two miles and we walked the entire thing. It is a good cause and one we support every year with a donation. This time we did the donation and the walk.

After we drove to Firehouse Subs and had sandwiches. It was a great morning and we both felt really good about this use of our time and resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment