Thursday, August 2, 2018

Nice Moments...

Came upstairs the other afternoon and found Claude sitting on the love seat. Took this picture and sent it to my kids with the caption, "He is in my spot!" This will only be funny to you if you watch Big Bang Theory. But it was funny to me and to my kids.
I get concerned about Papa not interacting with the other residents. Part of that is his deafness. He doesn't hear what they say or how they respond to what he says. Therefore, it just gets easier not to interact. Yet, we were hoping he would get more interaction with others living in the nursing home. I have had talks with Junie, my sister, about this.

Today, when I arrived at the nursing home, I went to Papa's room. Usually he is done eating by 1pm and goes right back to his room to his bed. No walker and no Papa in his room. So I wandered down to the dining room. I stood in the serving area when I saw Papa. He was standing to leave the table after his lunch but he was talking to another resident. I just stood and grinned and let him talk. I could hear him telling his same stories about Mimi living there till she died, about his singing and playing instruments for years, etc., etc., etc. Jerry was in his usual spot by the heater and he watched me watching Papa and we grinned. I sent this picture to Junie. I know she is concerned and I knew this would bring her as much joy as it did me to see Papa talking to another resident. It did make her happy as well. 
There is a new housekeeper who has taken a liking to Papa. That was also good. She calls him handsome and teases him in a loud voice so he can hear her. Bless her heart. This also makes me happy. 

Two nice moments in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment