Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Grandmonsters Shenanigans...

June 27th Katelyn sent these pictures of her girls playing. Raelyn loves being the big sister and having Emelia to play with. Just look at how much a child grows from birth to 3 years old. And notice that head of hair on little Emelia. 
Forward to Saturday, June 29th. I was preparing to facilitate the Personal Finance for Self-Reliance class on Sunday and realized we were covering purchasing a home. Since Drew and Katelyn are trying to see if they are in a position so they might purchase a home, I immediately sent Katelyn a text and told her to read these pages in the manual we sent them before they did anything. So grateful when the Good Lord times things out like that in our lives.

Katelyn sent us this cute picture of Drew with his little girls. Such a good daddy. They are watching something on the television with music on it. Just love this picture of our little family.
June 30th was my big mistake. This was Drew's birthday. I thought I had taken care of all of my June birthday, Father's Day, etc. things. I did not take care of Drew's. Man did I feel awful. I am so grateful he loves Katelyn and the girls and he cares for them as he does. I sent him a text apologizing profusely and assuring him his gift would be in the mail. It did go in the mail on Tuesday. Geez!!

July 4th the Ropers went to a friends for a BBQ. They had their sprinkler going and Raelyn was enjoying it. Katelyn took this picture of her sitting waiting for her next turn. Please note she is sitting reverently. When we went to Emelia's blessing, our very active Raelyn was having a hard time sitting. I took her out into the hall and we eventually made our way around to the back hall in the church where the Primary room is. While there, I tried to show her how to sit with her arms folded and be reverent. Since then she had gotten old enough to be in Primary and this is being reinforced with her. So, I am very happy with this picture of our very hyper-active Raelyn sitting reverently.
Saturday, July 6th, during the morning Raelyn had Katelyn take a picture of her in her purple dress and send it to me. This little nugget loves purple as much as I do. 
Fortunately I was dressed to go out and I had chosen my purple blouse. So I took this selfie and sent it to Miss Raelyn. I truly hope these little interchanges across the miles keep us close to this great granddaughter. 
Later that day Katelyn posted this picture of Raelyn on Facebook. She was a Princess who was also a Knight. The child is fearless.
That afternoon Claude and I drove to LaGrange to get the Mini's to attend the 4th in our series of Harry Potter movies with the Louisville Orchestra. Before going out we visited with the Marx family and watched the pictures of their European vacation on their television. They brought me back a turtle purse. Yeah!! Bailey went to a beach in Nice. It is a rock beach and she picked up a couple of rocks. She carefully chose one for Claude. Such a sweet thing. He was very touched. The Mini's chose to go to Steve O's for dinner. Then it was off to the Kentucky Center to watch Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in Whitney Hall with the Louisville Orchestra accompanying. We did purchase the Mini's each a souvenir. They were very happy young people. They are growing up on us.
July 7th through 12th Hayden was on a Scout trip to St. Louis. I got a few pictures so that I knew he was okay and having fun. In the first picture, Hayden is on the left end of the front row. In the second picture he is in the orange t-shirt inside the guitar. In the third picture he is in the orange t-shirt and is second from the end on the left. I think he was having a great time.
Monday the 8th we received another cute picture of Raelyn with her friend. This young man is the son of a really good friend of Drew's. Such a sweet moment in time.
Tuesday, July 9th, Katelyn sent us a picture she calls 'Sister Love'. Be still my heart. They sure look different, don't they? It is going to be fun to watch these two grow up.
Wednesday, July 10th Katelyn posted this picture of Emelia getting some tummy time and holding her head up time.
I reached back into my electronic stash of pictures and sent this to Katelyn of her as a baby so she could see the resemblance between her and her little one.
Katelyn showed the picture of her as a baby to Raelyn and asked Raelyn who the baby was. Raelyn said, "Sissy!" How fun is that?

We sent gift cards to Drew and Katelyn for their birthday for the same store. Katelyn opened her's before her birthday which is actually July 13th. This is fine. They made a family shopping trip of it. Raelyn found hats and put them on and told her parents it was her 'Yee Haw' hat. Where does a 3-year old get this stuff.
On Katelyn's birthday I posted these pictures of her life in 1999, 20 short years ago.
Image may contain: Katelyn Roper, smiling
Image may contain: Katelyn Roper, smiling, standing
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, child and closeup
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing, tree, plant, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: one or more people, tree, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: Katelyn Roper, smiling, child and closeup
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, eating, sitting, table and indoor
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing, tree and outdoor
Image may contain: 1 person, bicycle, outdoor and nature
Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, child and closeup
Image may contain: Katelyn Roper, smiling, standing and indoor
And that is our firstborn grandmonster.

Sunday, July 14th, Katelyn posted this picture of her with her two girls.
Our son, Jake, is off Facebook for a bit. I sent him this picture via text. He loved it. He said, "Those girls will be a trio. God be with Drew." Amen to that.

Finally, I spent this morning making letters for Bailey. She will be off to 4-H camp next week. I wrote a card for each day with a sticker in each car and a couple of dollars for a snack at the camp store. I labeled each card for the day it is to be opened. Then I put all 5 cards in an bigger envelope and mail them at once so they are at the camp when she arrives. Whew!! This I have found to be a much better method than mailing a letter each day and hoping she gets all of them. 

It is amazing to me that even over the miles that separate us, with all of today's technology, we have them close to us. I didn't post the video of Raelyn singing "I'm so Glad When Daddy Comes Home" to Claude in a face-to-face chat. I am truly grateful for this blessing with technology. It can have it's draw backs but there are many, many blessings to having all these electronics. Claude and I love our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment