Tuesday, December 8, 2020

A Lot of Pictures...

Monday, December 8, 2020 I actually drove to Georgetown myself, no Claude, just me! I had two doctor appointments. Both regular check-ups with them. Nothing out of the ordinary. Both went well. I dropped a treat off for Papa. I dropped a birthday gift at a friend's front porch. I purchased presents for a family in need and bought groceries. Then I headed home. All by myself. Since March, Claude and I usually travel together to do errands. Also, kind of an interesting experience to be gone from 9am to 3:30pm. 

Tuesday, December 9, 2020 we enjoyed our 2nd Christmas date. We visited this place last year and enjoyed it so much we wanted to see it again this year. We opted to go when they first opened on a week night so as not to encounter many people and be able to easily social distance. It was frigid. In the 30's. We visited Mustard Seed Hill in Millersburg, Kentucky. Their Gingerbread House contest grew this year and they displayed the houses in a tent. We visited it first. Then walked the grounds to view the lights. 

Here are pictures of the Gingerbread Houses. I tried to take the picture so the sign stating the theme around which the house was built and the group of contestants in which they were competing. 
My favorite Christmas movie in Gingerbread!
The next two pictures are done by a hospital. They made a Gingerbread Man based on the game Operation. This I found very clever.

This is another clever idea. The company that made this Gingerbread House is an insurance company. I really chuckled at this.
This nativity was made by a youth. I was amazed at the marzipan figures they made. 
Once finished with viewing the Gingerbread Houses, Claude and I walked around the campus and enjoyed the beautiful Christmas lights.
This may be my favorite tree ever. 
We started this date with burgers at Sonic in Paris, Kentucky. We ended it back home with eggnog. Man do we know how to have a great time during a pandemic!!

No comments:

Post a Comment