Monday, September 26, 2022

Home Alone...

That's right. I was left alone from Tuesday, September 20th, about 10am until Friday, September 23rd, about 3pm. Claude went to Owensboro, Kentucky to participate in Kentucky League of Cities Annual Conference. I must confess, after he left, I experienced a feeling of aloneness. We don't spend much time apart anymore. I am used to having Claude close except for maybe a few hours at the time. At first, that 'aloneness' did not feel good. I was surprised at that feeling. This home is half the size of the house in Sadieville and the neighbors are all a lot closer. However, I still felt very alone.

After a bit, I started to remember that I could do things at my own pace and what I wanted for a few days. It felt good to do that. Usually Claude and I compare what our desires are to accomplish in any given day. Then we mesh those two schedules. Maybe one of us will not do something so they can help the other get something done they really want to accomplish. Maybe we'll just decided to both accomplish things at our respective laptops. Whatever the decision, it is always one that fits both of our vision of how our day should be filled and meshes our schedules. Now...I was free to do only what I wanted to do at the pace I wanted to do it. Suddenly, I was back where I usually was when Claude traveled for work. I knew I had so many days and how did I want to fill them. It felt good again.

I would leave the house Tuesday afternoon as my iron quite working on Monday and Walmart would be where I would get another iron. I also purchased a salad mix and some peaches. I picked up dinner from Panera. The rest of the time I was home.

Wednesday, September 21st, was a stay home all day kinda day. My meal of the day would be my salad and a peach. 

Thursday, September 22nd, I would venture out again. I had to finalize something at the bank regarding Papa's finances. I chose to have my meal-of-the-day at Arby's. Then I went to Bon Worth to do a little shopping. Purchased a blouse and some capri pants. The rest of the day I was at home.

My big project this week was to finish the Christmas gifts for our great grandmonsters. They will each get a turtle crocheted by great Gramma. Raelyn's is purple, Emelia's is pink, Nelson's is blue and Joel's is coral. My thumb is swollen from pulling that yarn to stitch all the pieces together. It took most of the day Thursday to finish them up. Tuesday and Wednesday were used to finish crocheting the flippers, tails and heads. I am happy with the outcome and hope these little ones enjoy their turtles. I am a turtle-loving lady!
In the evenings, I enjoyed watching some of my favorite DVD's. Tuesday evening, I watched all three Dan Brown novel movies. Thursday evening, I watched DVD's of John Denver performing (2) and the Statler Brothers final concert. 

These turned out to be good days for me. You always appreciate the ones you love when you get back together after a separation, like a business trip. It was great to have Claude hurry home on Friday so we had time to go to dinner together before I left for my Friday and Saturday at Time Out for Women (see next Blog entry). I found myself again being very grateful for our little home in Georgetown. It is perfect for Claude and me at this time in our lives. Just the right amount of space and very safe. I feel good about how I spent my time. It was refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment