Monday, February 6, 2023

More Crocheting and More Ice...

Monday, January 30th, we awoke to a foggy day. It would remain foggy all day long. The forecast was for ice starting in the evening. The missionaries came for dinner. Elder Schwartz and Elder Black. Claude made Stuffed Mexican Shells and a salad for dinner. We thawed and cooked up the cinnamon rolls we didn't get to bake at Christmas and had that for dessert. They loved the meal. It was different than what people usually make for them. We introduced them to Freddie's Root Beer. They loved that so much they each took a bottle home for later. 

Tuesday, January 31st, we awoke to ice coming during the day. Schools were closed due to icy roads. Some roads were shut down because of the ice on them. We are fortunate that we don't have to get out on days like that. I took this picture from our front window of the lantern hanging on the shepherd's hook in our front flower bed. If you look at the rim, you can see the little icicles around the edge. Those would stay all day long. The ice hanging off the cover to the grill on the patio in our backyard was the same way. It was very cold and the ice just didn't melt.
In the evening, we were watching television and Claude started another of his sneezing fits. He has these every now and then. One time I counted 13 sneezes during the night before he stopped. The problem this time was him having a nose bleed. This is not a pretty sight. Lots of Kleenex. Our grandmonster, Bailey, had a nosebleed and it wouldn't stop. They had to take her to emergency room and she was given instructions on how to stop these. I popped a text to Andie, her mother, for a quick refresher on what instructions Bailey was given. You pinch the nose a little lower than you normally would think, like below that hard cartilage. Hold that pinch for about 5 minutes. Claude did this and it stopped. You can also put Aquafor in the nose if you think it is because of dry air from the heater running in the winter. Claude used to have nose bleeds fairly frequently. He hasn't had one in a number of years. So, this one was a surprise. 

Wednesday, February 1st, we started a new month. This was the Meme I saw on Facebook that day that amused me greatly. 
This evening, Claude had another nose bleed just before going to bed. It stopped quickly. 

Thursday, February 2nd, was Ground Hog Day. Lots of funnies on Facebook about that pesky groundhog. He saw his shadow. That means six more weeks of bad weather. I saw this meme and posted it to our family Facebook page assuring them we needed balance in all the ground hog silliness.
Friday, February 3rd, my goal was to complete all 32 of those frog motifs for the baby afghan. With a little help from these DVD's: Founding Fathers, Victor Borge and John Denver, I finished the 32 frogs. Now to put all the pieces together for an afghan. 
Saturday, February 4th, I started my day by making Magic Cookie Bars. These are our son-in-law's favorite. I was going to make some for Christmas and that was iced out. So, I decided to make them Saturday to take to the Marx home on Sunday. While making them, I was melting butter in the microwave. I am vertically challenged some times, so I was standing on my tiptoes to look in the window. Unbeknownst to me, Claude was quietly watching from across the kitchen. I hear him say, "Shall I described it to you or do you want me to get you a box!" I burst out laughing. If you are a Lord of the Rings fan, you will get this. If not, you really need to watch those moves or read the books. Lots of great lines in there.

By the evening, I finally told Claude I was not feeling well. I took my blood pressure and it was high. I would take it before bed and it was still high. My poor body hurt in my left arm, around my heart and back. It was not good. Claude was concerned. I was concerned. 

At 9:48pm Hayden sent a text to us: What time are you guys planning on coming over tomorrow? I need to know whether or not I need to plan on getting up early. I read it to Claude and we both laughed so hard. Love this young man. 

At 10:19pm we received this text from Bailey (Hayden's sister). When ya'll come over tomorrow can ya'll get me some guacamole? Aren't these kids amazing. We did stop and bought a big tub of guacamole for Bailey on our way to the Marx home Sunday afternoon. 

Sunday, February 5th, I awoke still hurting. I received a text from our Primary president saying she was not going to Church due to illness. I decided to go and be very careful in doing so. It turned out fine. I was very happy I went to Church and enjoyed the service and Primary very much. 

After Church we went to Burger King for a quick, light bite of food. We had not had breakfast and it would be while till dinner. Then we came home and I wrapped Bailey's birthday presents and gathered what we needed to take to the Marx home while Claude got a quick nap. Then we were off to LaGrange. Bailey turns 16 years old this week. I shared the old saying from when I was a kid, "Sweet 16 and never been kissed." Bailey had never heard this before and assured me she smooches her boy friend, Jake, all the time. It is an old saying. Andie had heard it long ago. Michael had never heard it before. I am getting OLD...

These are pictures of Bailey opening her gifts. She asked for LEGO flowers. I found a bonsai tree LEGO set. 
Now for Funny Meme's This Week: (enjoy the chuckle!)
It feels like not much happened this week. However, I did get all the motifs crocheted for the frog afghan. I got them all laid out on the dining room table as they will be stitched together in the afghan and am now slowly getting the strips made. Then I will stitch those strips together and crochet the border around the outside edge. Hope to have it complete by the end of this week. 

It was a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment