Sunday, January 29, 2023

Crocheting, Concert, Weather & Family Pictures...

Monday, January 23rd, we received our Complete Series of The Mentalist on DVD. I simply told our children we would be busy for a while. In truth, they are running The Mentalist on television right now. Claude has them set to record. We get about two a day during the week. This is what spurred us to go ahead and order the series. We know most are giving up their DVD's and DVD players. We are not. Not yet anyway. 
Tuesday, January 24th, Katelyn wanted to sent us Raelyn's first grade school picture for this year. She took the time to take picture of Emelia and Joel so we would have a full set. That is very thoughtful. First is Emelia. Don't mess with this girl. Next is Joel, our Potato, and a little brute. Last is Raelyn Jay Roper in first grade!! Cannot believe she is growing up so fast. Now I will get these printed and replace the pictures on our fridge with recent one. 
Wednesday, January 25th, Claude went to see Dr. Slabaugh in the morning and got a clean bill of health. I set to work crocheting more frog eyes. I sent this one to Jake and asked if he could even guess what it might be. No idea. I would need 64 of these eyes for 32 frogs. Ugh!
We had a very windy day. Very windy. Our little Amish windmill was really spinning at points. It completely turned around one time when Claude was watching it. I put a video clip of it. I shared with our family and Jake reminded me that, if it was Amish (which it is), why was I taking its picture. Oops!!
Thursday, January 26th, we planned to be inside all day. The forecast was for some possibility of snow. The roads were to be awful and the wind was still really bad. The first picture is of the snow actually falling. The second picture is the 'lack' of accumulation. It was a nice day inside. Claude made soup and rolls and I crocheted. 
Andie sent me picture of Bailey being inducted into the Beta Club. Yeah Bailey!!
Friday, January 27th, woke up to see alerts on my cellphone. There was ice on the roads and schools had closed in Scott County and Fayette County. Parts of the Interstate and main roads in our area were shut down. Had no idea this was even a possibility when we went to bed. Very surprised when we got up and looked out the front window. The sidewalks and drive were covered in crunchy ice. 

In the evening, we had tickets to a Black Jacket Symphony concert at the Lexington Opera House. They would play the entire "Rumours" Album of Fleetwood Mac during the first half of the program. After a little intermission, they played other hits of Fleetwood Mac. The girl that sang Stevie Nicks songs was spot on. Very enjoyable evening. They came back for an encore. I enjoyed watching the father and son in the last picture singing and moving to the music. So sweet. 
Saturday, January 28th, my goal was to finish the frog eyes. I was trying to do 16 each day. I did and that took four days to complete. Friday, I had a General Conference Issue of the Liahona to finish. I would read a talk and then crochet two frog eyes. I finished all but the Sunday afternoon session of General Conference. Saturday, I sat down and read all the talks in that session. They I set to work and managed to finish all 16 eyes. My poor thumb. It was a throbbing. But, my heart felt good and what I completed at this point. Now, I have to sew those eyes on the 32 frog bodies.
Sunday, January 29th, has been a rainy day. Sacrament meeting was good. It being a 5th Sunday, the adults have one class and the youth had another class. Our Primary presidency covers classes so that our teachers can attend this adult session. I found myself wrestling Charlie though that hour. Love his heart, he wanted to run. I can't run. Charlie had cancer and was never supposed to walk. He is three years old and wears braces on his legs that allow him to walk and even run. He sat still some but mostly it was wrangle this wonderful three year old for most of an hour. 

We went to Panera for lunch and to Franks for donuts for dessert. Claude is napping and I have labeled pictures and done my Blog. My evening will be spent sewing eyes on frogs!!

This is humorous from Facebook: 

I had finished Claude red plain flannel pajamas. Then this picture came up on my Facebook Newsfeed. Cracked me up. 
I shared this with out family. I especially wanted those who work in the teaching area to get a kick out of it. Andie shared this about her teaching experience: "That's right up there with when I teach the /ch/ sound and inevitably someone messes up and says sh*t." Oh My!!
This is instructive from Facebook: 

Facebook is alive with memes about the price of eggs. Apparently, they have increased way more that last year. Claude and I don't eat a lot of eggs. We are not big breakfast eaters. I don't bake for just the two of us hardly ever. So, the price of eggs isn't something we have paid tons of attention to. However, it is a problem for families that consume a lot of eggs. I thought this egg substitute chart was a good help. Haven't tried any of them, so I can't say they work. Just think it is a clever idea to share.
Ever on the lookout for a neat trip to take. This map came across my Facebook newsfeed. It is a Circle Tour of National Parks. I have been to all of these at some point. We will get to the grand Canyon and Petrified Forest in February. Neither of these has Claude been to before. Should be a treat. I think this would be an awesome trip to take sometime and will save it for Claude and me to use in the future.
This is pretty and cool from Facebook: 

Twelve pictures of the sun, each month, same place, same time. Captured by Ciro Russo.
I tried taking pictures of my drive into Sadieville through one year. I loved the hill as you got off I-75 and turned on Hwy 32. The hill on the farm at the end of that stretch had a slight hollow in it. This hollow changed with the seasons. I believe it was the equivalent of the season clock as we drove over the hill and into the ranch in Utah. I didn't make it through the entire year. Now I don't make that drive. I appreciate the dedication to get this done. Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment