Sunday, June 7, 2009

Oh Deer!!!

Claude and I were returning to Sadieville last night. Our home is out in the country. You drive Highway 32 for a mile or so at a speed of about 55 mph. As we were crusing down this road Claude suddenly slowed the speed down. I looked up from my Sudoku puzzle to see what in the world caused the sudden slow down. Claude started counting the deer leaping across the highway. Once they were gone, he slowly picked up speed and began that little distance to our home carefully looking for more deer. As we continued we drove by this road sign on the side of the road at this spot where the deer had been leaping across the road. Claude quietly said, "I guess they don't believe in the 'no passing' road sign." It was really funny to me at the time.

1 comment:

  1. Did you reply, "Deer like to BUCK the establishment."
    I'm giggling, but anything is more fun than data entry.

    ReplyDelete