Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Bambi's Friend Flower...

This morning I pulled up into my spot at the school parking lot. It is on the back side of the 9th grade building. The cafeteria is there. I thought I saw something moving besides the janitor collecting trash from the cans outside the building. I looked again and sure enough there was a skunk. But it didn't look quite right to me. Then I realized the entire top of the skunk was white from the tip of his nose to the tip of his tail. His little feet and belly appeared to be black everything else was solid white. I always thought skunks were black with white racing strips down their body. This little fella waddled up the bit of a hill in front of my car and across the little road to the trailers. He went under the walkway for the trailers like he was trying to get under the trailer. This trailer is right next to the one I teach seminary in. I had a minute before going inside to set up for my class so I pulled out my lesson plan and reviewed it. Then I closed up things in my car and got out to go inside. I realized that the male teacher from the trailer under which the skunk had journeyed was out of his trailer and walking toward the direction of my car. I got my stuff gathered from my car and asked him if he saw the skunk. He assured me that was why he came out of his trailer and was following it. I following him across part of the parking lot and sure enough, back alongside the 9th grade building was the little skunk trying to find something. This teacher and I determined we didn't want to be in it's path as it came back our way so we both headed to our respective trailers. When I entered Ms. Rice's classroom, I told her about my skunk siting. She told me that some time back a skunk got under the trailers next to hers and sprayed everything. They were weeks getting the smell out of the building and actually had to move the class into the main building for a time. As my kids left seminary I warned them all to watch out for Flower!!

1 comment:

  1. I think it was looking for Bambi. Ummm......I think I know where Bambi went.

    ReplyDelete