Sunday, May 23, 2010

TGIF, and TGI Saturday...

And we hit the weekend with a full plate...again.

My mum-in-law will be here in a week. When company comes I really try to get things done ahead so I can enjoy their visit as much as possible. So Friday was spent trying to get computer things in order as much as possible.

I got another Blog entry done. Yeah me!!

I managed to get my Relief Society newsletter completed as much as can be done. Now if anything else comes in to be included I can just add it and send it. Yeah me!!

Papa came out with his new prescriptions. He uses a mail order drug system and it takes a bit to get the first ones going. I tried, in vain, to get these two new ones added. But they only want it faxed from Papa's doctor. This just means Monday I must go in and visit with his doctor to get them to assist me. I'll have all the papers filled out as much as I can and just stand there until they get the faxing done. Oh boo-hoo!!

On the upside, Papa had blood tests run on his doctor visit and they all came back 'normal'.  Yeah him!!

I got my software loaded on my new computer. It came with a two month trial service. That ends the last day of May and I don't want to be loading software with Bonnie here so I went ahead and completed that project. Yeah me again!!

In the evening we went to Sadieville for their MusicFest. The Friends of Sadieville Renaissance did this once each month last summer to raise funds for the FSR. We sell food at City Hall and have karaoke in the Waring Pavilion. It is just fun to see the community come out and enjoy the music and have a bite to eat and visit with each other. We're a small community and it is helping me to learn who more of my neighbors are.

This was the first MusicFest for 2010. It turned out to be a 30% chance of showers evening. That 30% managed to find its way to Sadieville on several occasions. This hampered the attendance a bit. But Merle was a diligent DJ and kept the karaoke going. We had the food inside the depot, except for the funnel cake lady and the grill. We served and cooked food between showers. It was a delightful evening.

Our police officer came and warned us of a major storm headed our way. There had been reports of a tornado touching down as this storm passed through one community. He suggested we close early. It was only about 30 minutes or less until the end so we hurriedly started the clean up process in the Depot. Cindy went up the street to the pavilion to warn Merle and the group singing with him about the storm. Bless their hearts, they said they would take responsibility for themselves. These are die-hard karoake singers. Eventually the lightening got really strong around us and Merle packed his stuff in his van.

Just before we all left, Richard came down to the Depot (City Hall) in a state. He lives over the little Baptist Church by Waring Pavilion. Someone managed to enter his apartment above the Church and ransack it. They took cash and his pain meds (without their container). His door was locked. The robber had gone up a hidden stairway only someone that knew the Church would have known about. In my mind, they had obviously done this before. They left credit cards and a checkbook. They only took cash and pills. We were all sick about this. It is hard to imagine why people get in a position they would do something like that. Our police officer was right at hand and he went to check out the situation and make a report.

Saturday I committed to work on a slideshow for Katelyn's graduation open house. I have all the pictures of her from my computer and CD's in the presentation. Then I started scanning pictures in my photo albums I haven't scanned yet. This is a good thing. One of my long term goals is to get all my photo album pictures scanned before they change colors completely. This will be a bit of that long-term goal accomplished.

What fun it is to travel back through the years of our oldest grandmonster's life. It is going to be fun to get this done but I have a lot of hours ahead of me to finish it. I'll work on it some more this afternoon.

Then Claude and I headed into Georgetown for the late afternoon and evening. This is our stake conference weekend. Claude has priesthood training meetings at 4pm. We went in earlier and had dinner at Arby's. Then I dropped him a Church and I went to visit my mom. After visiting mom I got a few shopping errands complete and then headed back to the Church for the Saturday evening adult session. It was a good session. Then we went for ice cream before heading back to Sadieville.

I received an eMail from Miss Katelyn requesting pictures of Claude and I before we had kids. There aren't a lot of these kinds of pictures. I sent her everything I have saved digitally. I tried to explain that Claude and I only met 1 year prior to our marriage. He was really engaged about 10 months of that time to someone else. Then we were only married 13 months and 13 days until Nissa was born. I also explained to her that we didn't have digital cameras in those days. You had a roll of film with 12 or maybe 24 pictures on it. You took until the roll was full, then you sent it off to be developed and early on that took about a week of time. Later it could be done in days or as you waited. How quickly technology has changed. At any rate, I'm sure some of those pictures Katelyn will get a kick out of...her grampa in fatigues and no beard, Claude and I in cap and gown like she will be in a few weeks, our wedding picture, etc.

The beauty of my having a laptop is that I could take my computer to the living room upstairs and my box of CD's with pictures and work on it in the same room as my hubby. Yeah for the new computer!!

Now I'm up early and ready to see what fun I can fill my Sabbath with.

No comments:

Post a Comment