Monday, December 6, 2010

Chase...

Today I found myself once again grateful for Chase. This is the company through which I have my credit card.

First, a little history...Last December we made a trip to Hawaii with a stay over in Los Angeles going and coming to be sure we made air connections. I'm thinking it was here that someone kept my credit card information and later tried to use it for themselves.

When we got home, we received a call saying there was a hold placed on my credit card and to call Chase. We did and found the charge was for over $1,000 and one we did not make. Fortunately, Chase recognized this with the first charge, froze the card and called us. We verified what payments we had actually done and the now three charges that were not ours. They cancelled my card and sent us a new one. Needless to say, I was extremely grateful for the promptness with which this financial institution handled this situation.

Last night I received an eMail stating they were from Chase, there was a system error that caused my account to be suspended and to 'click' this link to fix it. Hmmmm...I'm aging but I'm alert enough to think this eMail is a hoax.

I called Chase today and spoke with the most polite young man. I told him what had happened and he confirmed they had not sent this eMail. He asked me to forward the eMail to their fraud department so they could try and track it. Then he proceeded to share two things that will save me money and are free services through Chase that I was not aware of.

In just a few minutes I felt peace again about my credit card. And, I felt that extremely good feeling about Chase. It just feels like I have someone out there who cares about me as an individual and not just as a credit card number. I'm blogging about this because I just want to remember that not all major corporations have issues, there are some good businesses out there and this is one I am a believer in.

No comments:

Post a Comment