Saturday, December 4, 2010

Ho, Ho, Ho...He Came to Sadieville...

Friday was the Sadieville Christmas Chili Cook-off and Bazaar. It was a wonderful evening with some of the fine people in Sadieville.

One of my responsibilities was to make a song sheet for the Christmas Sing-a-long. I collected some of my Christmas music like my hymn book for the Christmas carols, a fun book for the old fun Christmas songs and two pieces of sheet music (Silver Bells and White Christmas). I sat down to type.

I started with the book full of fun old Christmas songs. I'm typing away looking at the music and my fingers flying over the laptop keyboard. After a bit I paused to look up at the screen of my laptop to see how I was doing. This is what I read on my screen..."Here comes Santa Claude, Here comes Santa Claude, Right down Santa Claude lane." Can you find the error?  I just sat and chuckled at that lovely little error.

Friday morning found the Friends of Sadieville Renaissance at the Sadieville Christian Church setting up tables and chair. Then I went to City Hall and helped Cindy finish the decorations there. Then it was back home at 1pm to get some things done at home.

A little after 4pm Claude and I were headed to the Sadieville Christian Church. The evening was to begin at 4:30pm with the chili cook-off. My hubby was entering the Mayor's pot of chili. Here are a few pictures of the chili portion of the evening.




Now I must say that Claude had a truly 'finger lickin' good chili!!
We also had vendors with candy and homemade items from pine cones, to cloth to wood to help us do some of our Christmas shopping.
Cindy Foster and Loni Friddle made gift baskets and sold them for the Friends of Sadieville Renaissance. We also sold someo f the Sadieville items. Loni and Don manned the cash register for us.
After everyone had a good chance to fill up on great chili recipes, we had our sing-a-long. It was great fun to sing with our neighbors.

Then we were off to City Hall. This was where the chili cook-off awards would be presented, a donation from the Friends of Sadieville given to the City of Sadieville and Santa would come to see the kids of our community.
City Hall was full of kidlings waiting for Santa.
While waiting for Santa to arrive, the chili cook-off awards were given out. Claude won an award for the 'hottest' chili.
And Cindy gave Claude a check from the Friends of Sadieville Renaissance in the amount of $2,000 to help with renovations on the Rosenwald School.
Here are a few pictures of the kids waiting for Santa to arrive.
Santa arrives in Sadieville in a little parade of vehicles. First is our local police officer, Bobbie. Then comes the Scott County fire truck with Santa inside. The final vehicle is the Scott County ambulance. Sirens are blaring and lights are flashing. This was the signal for all the kidlings to head outside to watch Santa arrive.
Then started the process of each child having their turn at sitting on Santa's knee and sharing those deep desires for their personal Christmas. Here are a few of the kids.


The last girl to sit on Santa's knee actually brought her written list for Santa to review with her. Cracked me up!!

Then it was time for Santa to say good-bye.
It was a fun evening. Claude likes that each child gets plenty of time with Santa. Now it was time to head back to Sadieville Christian Church's basement to clean up there. Then home for the rest of our evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment