Friday, December 23, 2016

Taking Care of Papa...

Papa's electric bill is as high as ours during the winter. He needs his apartment warmer than our home because he doesn't tolerate the cold as well as we do. But I needed to see what I could do to keep that bill down.

I have emptied out a lot of things in his storage room inside his apartment. That left the dryer vent open. I taped that puppy shut completely. 

As I mopped Papa's kitchen floor, I noticed an opening between the bottom of the door and the floor. He needed a piece of weather stripping to stop that hole. I put an old pillow in front of it until I could take care of that issue. I mentioned to Claude what I needed and asked him if he had any extra. He didn't but said he would check Lowe's for me. He purchased a piece of weather stripping. 

This is my dear hubby installing the weather stripping. 
I assured him I could take care of all of this. His response was something alluding to the need to screw it into the wood. Hmmm...I believe I could do that. But I was ever so grateful to defer to the manly side of him that wanted to help in some small way and carried through with his help. Love this man O'mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment