Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Life's Curiosities...

Took Papa for a long drive yesterday. We drove to the outside edge of Richmond, Kentucky and around the outside edge of the Bluegrass Army Depot. From there we drove through what is called the 'Knob Country'. It is full of limestone mountains with caves in them. It is lovely and all the roads have that squiggly arrow signs on them warning you that the roads are never, ever straight. 

As we drove down one mountain we came to another curve in the road and I slowed even further down as I saw a truck going extremely slow in the next curve ahead. Then I noticed there were animals in the road. We got behind the truck and I pulled out my cell phone and took this quick picture. It turns out the truck was following a lady who was walking a male goat down the road. She had this goat by the horn which looked exactly like the Big Horn Sheep horns. He was dutifully letting her lead him and behind him was the rest of the herd just following along. The man was simply trying to protect them as they moved on down the mountain. The man waved us around and we made it around him and waved to the lady leading all those goats. Papa and I looked from that point on down the mountain and saw no where they could be leading those goats. No pasture, no pen, no side road (even a dirt one) to a piece of property of any kind. It was just a curiosity to us, but a pleasant one. 
Today I stopped at the Love's Travel Plaza in Sadieville to fill up my car with gas. When I pulled into the Travel Plaza there was a man standing near the end of the guard rail playing his guitar. I filled up my car and as I went to start my car to leave, there was the man in front of Hardee's playing his guitar at full volume. I took this picture and posted it on Facebook with the caption "Look!! Hardee's in Sadieville has live entertainment!!" Another of life's little curiosities.
Ain't Life Grand?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment