Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Miscellaneous to Catch Up...

Here we go...Odds and Ends of Life...

While we were on our cruise, Memorial Day happened. Hayden is a Scout and he participated in the LaGrange, Kentucky Memorial Day event with other Scouts from his Troop. Andie posted pictures. Here is Hayden.
Sunday, June 4th, was our Stake Conference. I was released as an Institute teacher. I was called to be the Ward Organist and will play the organ for Sacrament meeting each Sunday. I really am going to enjoy playing the organ again. The first Sunday I played was June 10th. I played through the Sacrament hymn, then went to sit in the congregation with Claude. I took my glasses with me. When it was time for the closing hymn, I went back to the organ, took my shoes off so I could play the pedals, then I realized my glasses were on the bench with Claude. By now everyone is waiting for me to start the introduction to the hymn. I looked in my purse for the extra pair and didn't find them. I ended up having to walk back down the aisle toward the bench in my bare feet and Claude met me part way with my glasses. Everyone chuckled. It is best in these situations to walk with confidence and a smile.

Monday, June 4th, I spent my morning taking Papa for a car ride. We had wind and heavy rain storms a few days before. We would see lots and lots of broken limbs and downed trees. But we also saw many of those beautiful Kentucky lanes covered in trees.
Tuesday, June 5th I finally understood. A few weeks ago when Papa and I took a drive, we noticed, as we were returning to Georgetown, that the water tower had lots of long spikes coming out of it. I assured Papa I did not remember seeing them either. On the 5th I finally understood. They were there to place a drape over the water tower while they worked on the water tower. Sometimes the drape goes all the way to the ground. Sometimes they have it rolled up to the bottom of the ball part of the water tower. They are painting it for sure. 
Wednesday morning, June 6th, a home in Georgetown exploded. As far as I know, they haven't given a cause for the explosion. A woman was in the home and she died. The house next door has melted vinyl siding now. I was able to drive by and get a picture. Unbelievable that the other homes in the neighborhood were not damaged.



When Claude and I returned home on June 7th from Bailey's Field Day, we found a bird in our garage. We left the garage door open and went on inside as the bird hid behind the can we put crushed aluminum cans in. A little later I came out and the bird had hopped in front of the can but was still in the garage. I walked toward the bird and it flew off. Claude came out and checked all over the garage to be sure it wasn't trying to make a nest. We already have two nests on our back porch.
Friday, June 8th was the Kentucky Educational Television (KET) Summer Celebration. This is a big fundraiser for them. It is held at Donamire Farm which is a very, very, very upscale horse farm. This year we found absolutely nothing they had for auction to bid on. Had a nice dinner. The wind came up big time. I don't know what was in that breeze but I was suddenly coughing and sneezing and miserable. We opted to leave. 
This was my dream car when I was a teen. I still think that are a pretty good looking car.
Also on the 8th we got this picture update on our youngest great grandmonster. His Gramma Nissa is holding him. Nelson is named after Papa. Isn't he a cutie?
One other June 8th thing (beside that fact I finally got a haircut) was Eagle Bend was resurfaced. It looks so pretty.
Sunday, June 10th, the Drysdale's came and spent one night with us on their drive across country. Lynette is Claude's sister and the mother of Shannon who was just married. Lynette and Rick packed up the few worldly possessions of Shannon and her new hubby, Tyler, own into their trailer and drove it across country while the newly weds were honeymooning. They dropped the trailer at someone's home in Altoona, Pennsylvania and drove on up into New England for their vacation. They were back in Altoona when Shannon and Tyler got there to help them unpack. Then they started their journey back to Utah with some other vacation stops along the way. They determined they would be able to spend one night with us. It was great having Rick, Lynette and Brian in our home. We were able to introduce Brian to Pee Pee Bear. What a hoot!
Our final trip for this round of trips was to Chelsea. Jacob sent us a notice while Claude was in Utah that he had to have a medical procedure done. No major concerns. Just time to get this done. I felt impressed to ask if I could come up and drive him to the appointment and get him home and be sure he was good before I left. He assured me his neighbor had agreed to do that. Then a few days later I got another message from Jake saying somethings were not going well for his friend and was my offer still good. I assured him it was. I made hotel reservations for Monday and Tuesday, June 11th & 12th, in Chelsea. Claude got home and he changed that doctor's appointment one more time so he could tag along. Jake was sure his dad wanted to come so he could make jokes. Claude and I made this last trip to be there for Jake. He is a grown man but it still felt good to be able to help him this little bit. He is fine and there were no problems with him. 

Saturday, June 16th, Raelyn got to be a flower girl at a wedding. Katelyn sent me this picture of our other great grandmonster. Isn't she a cutie?
Sunday, June 17th, was Father's Day. This is the cute treat they gave every man 18 years of age and older. 
Whew. That does it for this round of Odds and Ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment