Sunday, June 28, 2020

A Shorter Week...

Since I Blogged last week on Tuesday, this should be a bit shorter... Let's see...

Tuesday, June 23, 2020
Received a belated Father's Day pictures from Andie. Looks like they had a good time. Michael is a good father. Happy he is the dad to our Mini's.
Wednesday, June 24, 2020
This day I had my annual mammogram. We decided to make it a family affair. Claude drove me in and left me at the hospital while he went and washed his Jeep. We did a walk, had a drive-thru lunch together, Claude shopped for groceries and also picked up some things at Lowe's. A good time was had by all. 

Kathy Jones called from the nursing home. They have to do an annual survey of the residents and their families. I love this nursing home. My only real complaints are they need more staff. But, as I told Kathy, I don't think there is a medical facility out there that doesn't need more staff. She agreed. The other thing I would really like to see happen is a big picture window so the residents could see out more. These things will not happen. But they take great care of my father and I can't ask for more.

Katelyn sent this pictures of her girls. They look so very different. I also predict they will lead Drew and Katelyn on a very merry chase!!
Thursday, June 25, 2020
Hayden sent me a wonderful gift. It was a link to a YouTube clip about a turtle. This little turtle actually sneezed and it is caught on camera. When he sneezes it is strong enough his neck and head go back quickly into his shell and he peeks out a bit after. So very cute for this turtle-lovin' Gramma.

I sent a cute cartoon to Hayden and Bailey. Bailey said she got it and it was really funny.
I also received a phone call this day from the main office of Signature Health Care. They are notifying all family members that the entire Georgetown facility (residents and staff) will be tested for the corona virus on July 2nd. The results will be back to them in two days. So far this facility has stayed healthy. Please let it stay that way. 

This day the news reported a change in the rule about long-term care facilities and the virus. They are beginning this Monday, June 29th, to allow activities with the residents in groups of no more than 10 people. These poor people have really been quarantined to their rooms since March 7th. They will start with this and then hopefully by July 15th they will allow visitors to come into these facilities. I hope this all works and I know they will be careful. So much has opened back up and there are some states that are now having huge spikes in the number of cases. Some are filling up all their ER beds and having to send patients to other hospitals. We are still have lots of cases but keeping the hospitalizations down. There are so many factors to look at to determine how things are really going. We are cautioned to be very careful as the numbers indicate we are right on the margin for Kentucky. So many have made wearing a mask a political thing. I remember when we visited Japan and then China, it was not at all uncommon to see them wearing a mask when they were out to ride the train or walk the crowded streets. There was no virus threat then, it was just them being careful. We seem to need to have contention about all these things. That "No one can tell me what to do." attitude is so dangerous. If a reasonable suggestion is made that will benefit others, that should be a no brainer. I will continue to wear my mask when out in public. I want so much to be well when they let us visit our loved ones in the long-term care facilities again. My head has come up with the question as to whether they will let us take them out or not. I know Papa is going to want to go for a ride or to sit by the creek in the worst way possible. I hope they will let me take him for these things. We'll see...

Friday, June 26, 2020
Jake sent me a text to let me know he mixed honey with soft butter "Mimi Style" for his toast that morning. Mimi is my mother and she passed away in July 2012. However, she left her mark in meaningful ways on our family. This is one little example. Love it!

I spent my morning weeding in our front yard. I found many picture perfect treasures while doing this task. Here are the pictures from our front yard.
Loved this Betty White meme that showed up on Facebook.
And Claude's sister, Jo, posted this thought about the virus: "Summer pools will reopen on the 4th of July. Due to continuing social distancing rules, there will be no water in lanes 1, 3 & 5."

Saturday, June 27, 2020
This day I felt very productive. I started by cleaning out two shelves in the dresser in our guest bedroom, I finished my making a PowerPoint presentation out of our China scrapbook (I have been working on this for a week), and I started emptying out a file drawer in one of the file cabinets in my sewing room. Yeah me!!

Sunday, June 28, 2020
Today I woke first. I came down to my sewing room and worked some more on emptying that file cabinet drawer. When Claude woke up we got ourselves clean-up and dressed. We read scriptures together and Claude passed the sacrament to us. We listened to two of the Darin Griffith shows that correspond to our reading for the past two weeks. Now I'm working on Blogging while Claude takes his Sunday afternoon nap. It is always the best nap of the week for him.

Today our congregation started holding in person Church services. They have divided the congregation in half and will rotate the weeks we attend based on that so there are no more than 99 people in attendance any given Sunday. No singing. No touching. Sit spaced apart. Dismiss row by row and go straight to your car. This week if your last name ended in J-Z you could attend. If you are 65 or older or at risk for any reason or have been sick in the least, you are asked not to attend. Claude and I fit the age limit as we are 69 and 70. We are going to wait until they open the next phase before attending. We both feel good about that decision for now. 

Today also marks two weeks since Papa was in the ER and received stitches on his nose. That means if all healed well, they should take those stitches out today. It also means if he shows no sign of getting the virus while at the ER, he should be able to go back to his real room. I will check with the nursing home tomorrow to see if they have done that. Weekends are not the best time for these things as they usually run a lighter crew. 

No comments:

Post a Comment