Sunday, November 15, 2020

We Actually Let Workers Into Our Home!!

Monday, November 9, 2020 was spent in Sadieville and Georgetown. In the morning I scanned items. In the afternoon we headed to Georgetown. We walked, left a treat for Papa and enjoyed our evening meal on the patio of Formaggio's. After we got home we pulled out our washer and dryer and cleaned behind them in preparation for Tuesday's delivery of our new washer and dryer. When I look at it, life is really very boring!!

Tuesday, November 10, 2020 Claude had an electrician scheduled to do some work for us. He was to arrive at 8:30am. During the need to stay home because of the virus, we have learned to sleep in until 8:30 or 9am. So we had to set an alarm for 7am so we could get our showers and be ready for the day before the electrician came. At 9:30am there was still no electrician. Finally at 10:30am Claude received a call from the electrician. It seems his mother became ill and he had to rush her to the doctor. He rescheduled for Wednesday morning at 8:30am. 

Claude had an 11:30am doctor appointment for his annual wellness check. He left Sadieville at 11am. He would have a very positive checkup. His diabetes was under control and so was his blood pressure. He has a very sore shoulder and Dr. Lyon gave him meds to try first as he feels it is tendonitis and arthritis. The meds will treat the inflammation. They will review his situation in January and determine if physical therapy should be the next recourse. Claude was happy with this annual exam.

I stayed home and Lowe's delivered our new washer and dryer. Once installed, they turned the dryer on and asked me not to use it until it finished that cycle. Evidently there are oils and things that come with making and shipping the dryer. Running it through a drying cycle for an hour dissipates this and makes the dryer useable. I spent the rest of the day catching up on my laundry. I will need to get used to the timing of cycles with these new appliances. But I will get through that learning curve and I will enjoy these new appliances very much. 
Wednesday, November 11, 2020 we were up at at 'em early again. The electricians came on time and by 11am they had installed the six new outside lights we had purchased. They had installed our new Ring doorbell. They also tried to fix the electrical outlet in the family room in the basement and the can light in the kitchen. Two of those things didn't work out...the basement outlet and the kitchen light. Not sure what we will do about those. But we are very happy with the outside lights. The doorbell works but it will not recognize the Internet so we aren't getting the picture. It recognized it before it was installed. When we have a bit more patience we will work on that some more. 
Wednesday was also Veteran's Day. I really didn't have that register in my brain until later because of working with the electricians. Lynette, Claude sister, sent us a picture of a ribbon on the base where her daughter, Shannon, and her hubby live. Ironically the ribbon had Claude's name and Air Force on it. Could it be there is another Claude Christensen that served in the Air Force? Amazing.
We received two cute videos from the Roper family. One was of little Emelia helping unload the dishwasher. Mind you, this little lady is not even two years old yet. However, there she was carefully looking at the dishes and reaching for the one she wanted to pick up. She would pick it up and then walk across to the room and give it to her dad to put away. So very cute. The second video was of Raelyn, who is four years old, standing straight and tall with her hand over her heart saying the Pledge of Allegiance. Now, she had her left hand over her heart but she is four and learning and is very left handed. So proud of this nugget. 

Thursday, November 12, 2020 Claude would go to Lexington to do some things. I stayed home to work on all my scanning projects. We both filled our mornings nicely. In the evening I finished a Kleenex box cover for my night table. 
Friday, November 13, 2020 we had the morning to ourselves. I spent my morning scanning. In the afternoon, Claude had a video conference call with Kentucky League of Cities. They wanted to have the past presidents in to go over their plans for the future and get input and feedback. With the virus, this had to be via video conference call. While Claude did that, I drove in to Georgetown to take Papa his treat. I also picked up a prescription and stopped at Bojangles to get me a biscuit. I do love a plain biscuit. I tried to buy new blue jeans at Kohl's. I looked through two full huge cabinets of the jeans I love. Not one pair in my size. Not one. The selection was sparse on those shelves. This is part of living with the virus. I will now just check on line. I also stopped at Walmart to pick up a few items it is easier for me to buy for myself than for Claude to get when he does the grocery shopping. Then I hurried back home. The funny thing about this trip for me was driving my car. During the past 8 months, Claude has done pretty much all the driving. We usually go places together. I have lots of things I can carry with me and sit in the car while he does the things he needs to do inside. We have set this habit of going together and Claude driving. I found I didn't automatically use the buttons and things on my car like I used to. I had to think about where some things were, like the button on the steering wheel I can press to lower the volume on the radio. It was nice to get reacquainted with this car I love. 

In the evening, Claude learned that Formaggio's is closing. We love this family owned Italian restaurant in Georgetown. They will close in December. It is a direct result of the virus and the drop in business. People don't want to dine in. They have made a very nice patio area on the sidewalk in front of their restaurant, but it can't bring in enough to keep them going. This is happening a lot and it is very sad.

I will put Saturday in it's own post. Lots of pictures again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment