Thursday, April 28, 2022

February 2022...

Tuesday, February 8th, our sweet Bailey turned 15 years old. I posted this with these pictures on Facebook. "Well, Well, today our youngest grandmonster has a birthday. She turns 15 years old. When did that happen? I took a look through my pictures and came up with a few to share of our Bailey Marx growing up. We love this young Lady. Happy Birthday to you Miss Bailey!!"
Sunday, February 13th, Claude and I celebrated 52 years of marriage. I posted this on Facebook with these two pictures. "52...Me & You!! 52 years ago on a snowy day in Utah, we were married in the Logan Utah Temple. We are showing a little gray but it means we have aged well together. Music touches my heart and this song by Don Williams has run through my head this past week. Claude and I sang it together many times. It fits the two of us perfectly. 
You placed gold on my finger,
You brought love like I’ve never known,
You gave life to our children
And to me a reason to go on.
When I need hope and inspiration,
You’re always strong when I’m tired and weak;
I could search this whole world over,
You’d still be everything I need.
Your my bread when I’m hungry,
You’re my shelter from troubled winds.
You’re my anchor in life’s ocean, 
But most of all, you’re my best friend.
Love Ya Bunches, Claude Christensen. Happy Anniversary Big Guy!!

We enjoyed a truly lovely meal at Tony's in Lexington. 
After returning home, we watch the new Ghostbusters movie. 
We had some snow, ice, sleet, and rain during February. 
In the Roper household, Joel continued to progress.
And Raelyn read more books and got a Covid-19 shot.
Sunday, February 20th, Jake took this lovely picture of Venus from our back yard. With all the trees in leaf most of the year, we don't see the moon or any of the planets from our back yard at night. Happy Jake captured this one for us.
During February I crocheted an afghan, scanned a photo album, tried to recertify Papa for Medicaid for another year and any number of other projects. The afghan was for the Linus Project. People make and donate quilts and blankets and afghans to be given to children who have experienced trauma. It was fun to plan and do this one.
I found some interesting treasures when scanning this box of old family things. I posted this to our family Facebook page with these pictures: "A Little Bit of Family History for you today...
          These are checks that Papa's mother, Mrs. Carl E. Lawrence (Claudia Clementine Shaw Conner Lawrence), wrote to various medical people and places for Oliver K. Conner (Uncle Buddy). Note the date on the check...1922. These checks are 100 years old!! Also, note that Gramma Duck signed them as Mrs. Carl E. Lawrence instead of her name. Not how things are done today. Oliver K. (Uncle Buddy) was one of two sons Gramma Duck had with Bill Conner, her first husband. He died in 1909. Uncle Buddy was born in 1907, 2 years before his father's death. Gramma Duck also had a son by Bill named Odus Lavell Conner. He died when he was six years old (1906). I believe one could say Gramma Duck had a hard life. She would marry Carl Edward Lawrence April 7, 1912. They would have 5 children. Papa is the youngest of those five children.
Saturday, February 19th, I saw the funniest picture on Facebook and had to share it with my family. I do love turtles. This one is particularly cute.
Monday, February 28th, I had my annual physical. All was well. Cholesterol a little elevated and was given antibiotic for a UTI. Left Dr. Lyon thinking I wouldn't see him for another year....bring on March!!

No comments:

Post a Comment