Friday, May 6, 2022

March 2022...

Wednesday, March 2nd, we started another step in getting the backyard ready. Claude ordered and we received the hex sign to go on the end of the shed in our back yard. We did not get it hung yet. But Claude held it up so we could see what it will look like. 
We got this fun picture of Emelia being a chef.
Sunday, March 6th, Katelyn sent us a picture of her little ones ready to go to Church.
Monday, March 7th, after visiting Papa, I realized I had the chills. When returned home, I dressed in sweats and a sweater and double sock. Chill did not leave. During the night I threw up. 

Tuesday, March 8th, I stayed in bed all day. Pain in back, very dizzy and nauseous. Took a home Covid test and it was negative. Did not visit Papa.

Wednesday, March 9th, stayed home all day again. Claude has his annual physical and explained to Dr. Lyon what was going on with me. Dr. Lyon said if it persisted to give him a call. I held down a mini-bagel in the morning and a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in the evening. Still dizzy with pain in the back. 

Thursday, March 10th, ate breakfast and then threw it up. Called Dr. Lyon. He said to come in at 2pm. Dr. Lyon also took Covid test and it was negative. This was an allergic reaction to antibiotic or kidney stones. He opted to go with the allergic reaction. Immediately stopped the first antibiotic and started another antibiotic the next day to be sure the UTI was gone. If that didn't work, then it was probably kidney stones. I would gradually improve and by Monday was sure it was an allergic reaction. Added that antibiotic to my list of drugs not to take. 

Friday, March 11th, was the Lexington Kentucky North Stake Women's Conference. It was a service conference, They would be making blankets for the Linus Project. This is a project where people make and donate new blankets. These blankets are then given to children who have experienced a traumatic event. I crocheted an afghan and donated it. Claude dropped it off the Stake Center for me. 
We went to Best Buy with Jake and purchased him a new laptop. This will be very helpful to him if he works from home. 

Sunday, March 13th, Andie posted pictures of Hayden on our family Facebook page. You see, Hayden is learning to drive. Yeah Hayden!!
And, Katelyn sent a picture of Joel sitting up. 
Monday, March 14th, Aubrey's birthday was this day. I posted this to Facebook: "Happy Birthday today to our middle Grandmonster. This was taken several years ago in Depoe Bay, Oregon but it reflects Aubrey's zest for life. Now Aubrey is in her 20's and the mother of our 2nd born great grandmonster. Keep that zest for life Aubrey Anne. Happy Birthday & We Love Ya Bunches!!"
Tuesday, March 15th, we finally were able to hang the needlework pieces with our family names on them. While in Utah, we got the Christensen and Jones filet crochet pieces. Christensen is Claude's father's family and Jones is his mother's family. I am pretty sure I made the Jones one and probably make the Christensen one. I love doing filet crochet. I knew I had a cross-stitch my mother did with the word 'Wabbit' on it. This was our family nickname when I was a child. I knew I had it somewhere in our things after the move but could not put my fingers on it. After a couple of months of trying to remember, I did remember that I took some needlework that was framed and/or in pillow form and saved them to go in quilt tops. Sure enough, Wabbit was in this collection. We got a new frame and finally hung our family needlework grouping. 
Wednesday, March 16th, was the annual KMEA Assessment at North Oldham County High School. Bailey was in the Concert Band assessment at 2:50pm. Hayden was in the Symphonic Band assessment at 5:30pm. Both band received 1's for their rating which is the highest rating a band can receive. With the pandemic wrecking havoc with these kinds of things, you have kids who have never performed in one of these as it was not done last year. A new band teacher this year also may have thrown a curve ball into their rating. With Mr. Rogers, they always received 1's. Fortunately, Mr. Centers did a masterful job of pulling all these young musicians together and they again received all 1's. 
Thursday, March 17th, was Andie's birthday. I posted this to Facebook: "I found this picture among my father's things. It is a great picture for today. Andie Christensen Marx, our daughter, has a birthday today. She is a treasure to Claude Christensen and me. We want to wish her a most Happy Birthday!! Love Ya Bunches!!"
Friday, March 18th, a Fireside for Women was held in Crestwood, Kentucky. I really did not feel like driving back to Louisville. I got the login information and watched this conference via Zoom. Elder Renlund was the speaker. It was a delightful conference. So very thankful for the technology that allowed me to do this. 

Saturday, March 19th, I practiced a special musical number with the Markham family at noon. After we finished, I told the kids they were building a family memory by doing this. I also told the kids that music can bring the Spirit into a meeting better than anything. They would perform and someone in the congregation would be touched by that music and the Spirit would be felt by them. 

In the afternoon I visited Papa. When I arrived there were fire trucks all over the parking lots. It seems a dryer in the basement was smoking and that brought out all the fire trucks. It was not a fire and was brought under control quickly. A little excitement at Signature HealthCare.
Sunday, March 20th, accompanied the Markham family for their special musical number during sacrament meeting. They did such a nice job. 

Monday, March 21st, I found a wonderful surprise in our front flower bed. The previous owners had planted crocus in it. You are never quite sure what will come up in flower beds. This was a very pleasant surprise. Purple on top of early flowers. What a bonus!
And a real keeper of a picture. Joel standing behind bars!!
Tuesday, March 22nd, we had an early Easter visit from the Easter bunny in our back yard. No, he is not carrying a flag. The flag was put there as we were trying to be sure of reseeding the lawn. 
Wednesday, March 23rd, Claude took Jake's car in for service. No issues found with the car. 

Thursday, March 24th, we took dinner to the Hale family. Then I attended Aubrey Manwaring's bridal shower in the evening. 

Saturday, March 26th, was Nissa's birthday. I posted this on Facebook: "Our first born celebrates her birthday today. One of her characters traits I appreciate the most is the deep love and care Nissa Tyler has for her family and others. She sets the best example of this for me. Nissa, we wish you an amazing birthday and a wonderful year to come! Love Ya Bunches!!"
Attended Aubrey and Raul Garrido's wedding reception.

Sunday, March 27th, was Paul's birthday. I posted this on Facebook: "Happy Birthday to our first-born grandson, Paul Thompson. Love this young man. He gives great hugs. Hope you have a wonderful birthday and this next year brings you good times. Happy Birthday!!"
I taught a Primary lesson about Gethsemane to all the kids this day. I loved our trip to Israel and feel strongly we were able to do that so we could share the things we learned and the items we brought back with others. It was fun. I took olives for the kids to eat, olive wood items for them to feel olive wood and my two little olive oil lamps for the to see how oil was used. I love teaching. 

Tuesday, March 29th, spring has arrived. First mowing of the lawn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment