Wednesday, May 11, 2022

The Plants are Planted!!

Tuesday, May 10th, Claude needed to start his day with a run to Lowe's. His goal this day to was to finish planting all our outside plants. He needed dirt to have this be a successful experience. When he goes to Lowe's first thing in the morning, it is understood he will stop at Chick-fil A for chicken mini's for breakfast. He offered to get me a biscuit if I wanted to ride along. Since I knew this day I was going to try and not stay on my foot too much, I cheerfully agreed to join him. I would wait in the car while he went into Lowe's to shop. 

Claude has taken to giving his name as Thor when placing an order at a fast food place. For some reason, they struggle with Claude. They never seem to get Thor wrong at all. I find it very amusing and must turn my head when he does it so that they don't seem me laughing.
When we returned home, I would take the bandage off my toe and soak it in Epsom salt and water. It is doing very well I think. The first picture is right after taking the bandage off. The second is after soaking my foot. 
Claude set to work planting the flowers and plants we purchased the week before. This is something I would normally be doing but I can't get dirt in my toe. By the end of the day, Claude had planted everything we purchased. He even moved a stray tulip bulb that came up in the side flower bed to the front flower bed. He also used the edger cut the tall grass around the ivy on the hill. He was one very busy guy. The pictures are: 1) Blue Danube Azalea in the front corner flower bed, 2 & 3) Chevalier Clematis & Guiding Promise Clematis for the trellises, 4 & 5) Cheddar Pinks between the Autumn Joy Sedum (we planted yellow coreopsis there last fall and they tried to come back this spring but didn't quite make it), 6-8) Hosta bed (Night Before Christmas Plantain Lily, Minuteman, Gold Standard, Blue Hawaii Plantain Lily, Invincible Plantain Lily, 9 & 10) Honey Locust Tree blossoms, 11) Dinner Plate Hibiscus we planted last fall and it is coming back.
All of these plants are perennials. The hope is we won't have to replant anything next spring. They will require watering this week as we are having a hot, dry week. 

We have two large bumble bees in our yard. They are enormous. Claude has determined they are a couple and has named them Harold and Maude. 
While Claude did these things, I ordered some things on line, went to CVS to get band aids and antibiotic ointment for my toe, and visited Papa. 

When I returned home, Claude was taking a welcome and much deserved break on the patio. It is so pleasant with the trees leafed out so there is now a good bit of shade and the breeze feels lovely. I joined him. 

After a bit, Claude suggested we try KFC for dinner. We hopped in the Jeep and headed there with the intent to bring dinner home. Thor placed his order at the drive-thru. When we pulled forward to the pick-up window to pay, we were told it would be 10 minutes on the chicken tenders. We were asked to and did pull forward. We rolled down the windows of the Jeep, turned off the car, and waited. After about 10 minutes, the cashier came to our car and said the fry guy dropped crispy chicken instead of chicken tenders. We could have something else, wait for then to cook, or get a refund of our money. After trying to get an answer as to how long it would take for them to be ready now via his headset and that not working, he went back in and came back out to tell us the manager had words with the fry guy and that person might now be fired. It would take 25 minutes. We didn’t want to wait for 25 minutes.  We asked for a refund. He returned to tell us the manager now said it could be ready in 10 minutes. I told him from my side of the car to just get us a refund. I assured him this made no sense. It if was going to take 25 minutes, yelling at someone was not going to make that suddenly be 10 minutes. He should get us a refund and we would go. He did that and we left. As we drove away, Claude said, “At least we got free drinks.” We went to Zaxby’s and placed our order and were told to pull into some spaces at the edge of the parking lot and they would bring it out to us. There were three cars already there. Ugh. Fairly quickly we did get out food and enjoyed a nice dinner when we got home. 

I had a Zoom meeting regarding Primary. It was covering 14 stakes and there were about 400 people in the meeting. It was a good meeting. 

After the meeting, I soaked my foot again. 

A good, full day for the Christensen household. 

No comments:

Post a Comment