Sunday, August 14, 2022

A Blur of a Week...

Well, it is Sunday evening as I finish catching up with my Blogging. I officially have Covid brain. It is a fog upstairs in my old head. I came home Monday after we dropped Kris and Cordell off at their hotel and went right to bed. By the time we got home I was achy, felt feverish, very lethargic. Yep, it was coming at me. I slept all night long. 

Monday we learned that Michael couldn't cut the grass because of his Covid. This made it now Hayden's job to cut the grass. Hayden doesn't do outside well at all. Andie was kind enough to send us a picture to confirm Hayden's cutting the grass. 
Tuesday, August 9th, I awoke and was so dizzy I had to hold on to things to keep my balance. I knew I must get laundry done. I determined, if I did nothing else that day but laundry, it would be a good day. I would take three naps during this day. In the evening, I took a Covid test and it was positive. Not a surprise.
Wednesday, August 10th, I woke up with no energy at all. My goal this day was to wash bed linens. I did our bed first. You see, I woke up during the night covered with water. I must have had some kind of sweat as I was drenched. So, our bed linens were first, then the guest bedroom linens. It would be my big accomplishment for this day. I would work on my cross stitch.

Thursday, August 11th, I had a little more energy and thought I was getting so much better. I stayed home and down a lot of the day. 

Friday, August 12th, I had nothing in me. I sat all day and worked on my cross stitch. I finished it and then worked at my laptop labeling pictures. It was not easy with Covid brain. 
We heard from Nissa this day that Jake was headed to Holton to watch their dog, Baby, while she and Todd took Raelyn and Tate on their vacation. 
The Marx family sent us chicken noodle soup care package.
Saturday, August 13th, Claude was out of energy again. We were both drained. We curled up in our living room and watch Mentalists all day long. I finished crocheting the second winter scarf and started a third. At 11pm, we tested ourselves and both tested positive for Covid. It was hanging on. 

Sunday, August 14th, we stayed home and didn't attend Church. Claude had two Zoom meetings for his Church callings. I worked on blogging on my laptop after finished labeling pictures. We did drive-thru Burger King for our meal and ate in the Jeep. Felt good to be out in fresh air again for a bit.

We will wait a few days and test for Covid again. 

Drew is in Detroit for work for a couple of weeks. Katelyn, Emelia and Joel went to visit him this weekend. Emelia lost her shoes. She hates wearing shoes. She also found a Book of Mormon in the hotel room. How precious.
The Tyler's started their vacation with two of their grandmonsters, Tate and Raelyn. Such fun pictures we received today. They road the Badger across Lake Michigan. Then went to Lambeau Field, home of the Green Bay Packers, Todd's favorite football team. The kids ended their day swimming in the hotel pool. They were ready for a good night's sleep at the end of this day. Sure is fun to watch your child enjoy being a gramma!
So it has been a strange, blurry kind of a week. Hopefully we will heal from this Covid quickly. Lots to do and we need a bit of energy to get it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment