Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Dreams...

Sunday night I had a sweet dream. 

I noticed during my time having Covid, that my dreams were very vivid and often disturbing. I'm not sure why. I awake and remember them and they caused me worry. I will share one. I was showing my arms to Claude, my hubby, and someone else that I do not know. I asked them to look at the inside of my elbows. They were turning blue like a bruise. This blue would eventually go to my finger tips from inside my elbow. As I turned my arms over to look at the other side, that side was also turning blue. They ended up turning black like they were burned. I remember reaching with one of my hands to touch the fingers on my other hand and they were literally burned and irregularly shaped on the ends. Then I awoke. I could not think of any reason I would dream this kind of dream. Every night, during my time with Covid, I had these kinds of vivid and uneasy dreams.

However, Sunday night, I had a very sweet dream. I was holding my father's hands. They had the same age spots they did when he was alive. They felt warm and healthy though. The scene changed and my father and I were going for a walk. I listened to him talking about the things we saw on the walk and whatever else came to his mind. Papa always enjoyed talking to others. He would listen to me when I talked to him but it was always listening to then express he ideas of things or tell me how to make things work. I was comforted as we walked that he talked like that again. We came to a stream and I remember seeing him jump across the stream in my dream. I thought how wonderful it was that Papa could walk so easily and even jump. He was out in the trees that he loved. He was seeing the things of nature that he loved to observe. Then, I woke up. This dream was sweet and I felt good after dreaming it. It gave me peace again after Papa's passing in May to feel him close and enjoy his company, and to see his strong body. 

I wonder about my dreams. Claude dreams but usually has no idea what he dreamed when he wakes up. I often dream and it is vivid and can cause me to wake up concerned as to what that dream might mean or happy and at peace because of what was in the dream. I have even awakened laughing out loud at what happened in my dreams. I also dream in color. My understanding is some people do not dream in color.

It seems like sometimes the dreams are to relieve the pressures that life throws at me. Sometimes, the dreams are to bring comfort and reassurance. I do believe they are there for a reason. It seems like, after 72 years, I should be a bit better and understanding them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment