Sunday, July 23, 2023

Change...

Life is not ever stagnant. We must be ready to move with the tide. That doesn't mean, by any means, let the tide sweep you whatever way it wants. It does mean we must move but do it firmly in our belief set and standards. Let it help you grow and learn. 

This last week the Marx family took the next step in a big change in their lives. Hayden graduated and will attend DePaul University in a few months. DePaul held an orientation for freshmen. Hayden and Andie went to the orientation. It would be on a Monday and Tuesday. 

Andie, bless her heart, sent me pictures to share in this moment. I particularly loved these two. Andie was in the student center on the second floor overlooking the entry door. She got pictures of Hayden entering the building. I only post these two. First, he approaches the door. Then he is inside and he looks up to find his mother taking his picture. The look is priceless. Love this mother/son interaction after all his 18 years of life. It reminds me of our son, Jake, sending a box of things he had collected while on his mission home to us to save for him. In that box was his journal. Being the mother I am, I read the journal. When I got to the bottom of the last page, Jake had written "I love you Mom!". He knew I would read it. Love that relationship!
These are pictures of Hayden in what will be his new surroundings for school. He is looking forward to this opportunity. Can't believe he reached college age so very quickly. Whew!!
Before Andie and Hayden went to Chicago for the orientation, they spent some time Sunday in Muskegon visiting with family there. They only had a few hours but they made great use of that time. 

Andie with Emelia. Hayden reading to Raelyn. Andie with Paul. Hayden with Raelyn, Hayden with Emelia. Andie, Joel, Katelyn and Nissa. Andie has been tutoring Raelyn via video chatting in reading. This time, they did their lesson face-to-face with Emelia watching and joining in from the side. 

How I love these pictures of family being together. My girls and their kids. Times do change!

Today at church I was released from serving in Primary. I have been the 2nd counselor. I was then sustained as the secretary for the Relief Society. This should be a fun calling. Our new Relief Society president is Janessa Dymock, 1st counselor is Jessie Rayburn and 2nd Counselor is Heidi Barney. They will make a great presidency and I look forward to supporting and serving with them. I will miss Primary every Sunday. The kids are delightful. Such a fun spirit in there each Sunday. But, I look forward to seeing what I will do as Relief Society secretary. I have been Relief Society president in two wards and Stake Relief Society president once. Never been the secretary. It plays to my wheelhouse so I look forward to that. Change is good and I really look forward to this new calling. 

I think of the great quote by President Ezra Taft Benson who was President and Prophet for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints: "The Lord works from the inside out. The world works from the outside in. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ takes the slums out of people, and they take themselves out of the slums. The world would mold men by changing their environment. Christ changes men, who then change their environment. The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature."

Change can be and is a good thing. I will embrace it and use it to move forward for the remaining years of my time on the good earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment