Friday, August 4, 2023

Nature & Birthday...

The wonderful world of Nature! We had another storm with strong winds Monday night, July 24th. Another limb fell out of our tree. This time, however, Claude was up to the challenge of taking care of that limb. The next morning, he drug that branch to the driveway. Then he pulled out his handy-dandy tiny chain-saw that he simply had to have. It is about the size of his hand! He cut up that branch with his baby chain-saw and felt very proud of himself. The tree does not look any thinner without that branch. 
Wednesday, July 25th, I did a thing. I had my mammogram appointment. Then I had an appointment to meet someone at the church to practice a special musical number. In between, I had free time. I needed envelopes from Walmart. So, I used that free time to go to Walmart. As I walked in the door, I realized Claire's was right there. They sell costume jewelry. They also pierce ears. My sweet daughter, Nissa, gave me a beautiful pair of earrings for Mother's Day. I went to put them in my ears and they would not go through the hole in one of my ears. It seems that ear had grown shut from my lack of wearing my earrings since Covid changed my world. Hmm... I popped into Claire's and they said I didn't need an appointment. They pierced my ears and put in new studs. Yeah!! I am happy about this. I have lovely earrings from places we have visited and motorcycling events, etc. Once my ears are healed, I will be able to wear the earrings Nissa gave me and all my other great earrings. When I got home, I simply told Claude I bought my birthday present!!

Friday, July 28th Claude and I took turns cutting our grass. Since his surgery, I have been the grass cutting person. This time, he felt strong enough to do some of it. I cut the front yard. Claude then cut the back yard. It is truly good to see him being able to do some of the things he used to do.
My dinner plate Hibiscus has started to bloom. It is on the side of the house meaning I have to deliberately go and look at it or see it when we drive into the driveway and I remember to look that way. I truly love this plant. These huge blossoms bring me lots of joy. These pictures were taken Friday, July 28th, and Sunday, July 30th
Friday, July 28th, Claude and I went to dinner. My birthday would be Sunday. The Marx family would visit us that afternoon. So we opted to have my birthday dinner on Friday evening. This was my only request for my birthday. Did not want any presents. Only wanted to go to Cattleman's Roadhouse and have Salmon with Honey Bourbon Sauce on top. On my heavens. It was absolutely perfect. I shared a bite with Claude and he also agreed it was extra good this time. I loved this meal at Ruby Tuesday's in Georgetown. They closed that restaurant and I was exceptionally happy to find Cattleman's Roadhouse took up that vacant space in my life. Highly recommend this dish if you love salmon cooked well. 
Sunday, July 30th, was my 73rd birthday. Cannot believe that I have roamed this fair earth for 73 years. Well, when my body aches and I can't move as quickly as I once did, I know I am 73. But, mentally, most of us stay young a lot longer that our bodies manifest age. 

Jake called after we got home from church. He sang Happy Birthday to me. I love this young man and his wonderful voice. Always grateful to hear him sing. 

The Marx family met us at McAllister's for a nice meal together. Then they came back to the house for a visit. I order Tim Tam cookies off Amazon. We enjoyed Tim Tam Slams and ice cream. What is a Tim Tam Slam. Well the Tim Tam part of it is a cookie that is from Australia. We learned about them in New Zealand. It is a chocolate wafer cookie with chocolate cream between the layers and covered in chocolate on the outside. Sort of like a Kit Kat only all chocolate. They are very tasty on their own. To get the Slam part, you bite a little off one corner, then turn the cookie to the opposite corner and bite another little bit. Then you dip one end in a cup of milk and suck the milk through the cookie from the other end. Yummy!! It was fun to share this treat with our family. Andie shared pictures from their trip to Greece, Italy and Spain. It was very relaxed afternoon and a nice way to enjoy my day. 
Nissa mailed me Molasses Cookies from the Amish store. She made a card and wrote in it that the missing cookies were because she and Todd celebrated with us before mailing the cookies. I love this!!

Another good week. Grateful for the nature we enjoy in our little home. Grateful for family that loves Claude and I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment