Monday, January 19, 2009

2009, January - Mini-Marx's & Monsters....

We traveled to La Grange to visit the mini-Marx's this weekend. I must preface this by saying that while the family was here over Christmas at some point Andie drew a picture of a monster. I must further preface this by saying that in June when the Christensen side of our family tree was here Lynette made the very accurate observation that our little Bailey reminded her of Boo in the Monsters, Inc. movie. This is now Bailey's favorite movie. I've completely lost track of the number of times it was viewed over Christmas. So somewhere during Christmas Andie drew this monster picture of a very friendly monster with one eye, sort of triangular shaped. I think she had some input from some of the Thompson grandmonsters. At any rate, I left the picture on my computer table and last Thursday night I determined to make monster dolls for Hayden and Bailey out of whatever scraps I had on hand and take them when we went to La Grange on Friday for the kidlings. Bailey looked at hers and said, "Boo Monster". Hayden looked at his and said, "Sully Monster". They enjoyed their little creations and I thank Andie for thinking of what they should look like. And Claude for taking the pictures with his cell phone.

2 comments:

  1. What cute dolls. How sweet those kids are. Hayden is really growing into quite the young man. My how fast they do grow up.(I just read Chiara's blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mini's are loving their MiniMonsters. It is fun to have new snugglies especially while everyone is under the weather. Thanks Momita!

    ReplyDelete