Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas - Post 3 of Several

While curled up in my cozy home on our hill in Sadieville with a chill and aches and trying to follow my good hubby's counsel to stay down and rest so I would feel better, I took my hyper-active body to my computer to work on Christmas pictures (250+++) and get them edited. Late last night I finished the project. So now I can share some of our family festivities in picture form with you. We were really blessed this year to have all kids, spouses/significant others, grandmonsters, and parental units in our home. Yes...the house was full but to me it just makes for the warmest Christmas ever. The mini-Marx's arrived Tuesday (Dec 23) afternoon while we had Gramma Bonnie at the Glitz having dinner. We were slower getting home than we thought we would be because of a wreck on I-75 due to ice on the freeway. We totally enjoyed arriving home to kids in the kitchen ready to give tons of hugs. Bonnie shared her new umbrella with the mini-Marx's and Pa showed his tremendous awe-inspiring video clips he has saved from forwarded eMails. This is a huge hit with the mini-Marx's and they often want viewings prior to bedtime. Wednesday Michael arrived and the mini-Marx's joined their parents in preparing appropriate Santa Claus and reindeer treats for the front porch. We iced cookies with Christmas stencils and counted 8 carrots for their plates. Then carefully placed a plate of cookies and drink for Santa on the little table on the front porch and the plate of carrots for reindeer on the driveway by the front porch.
Later that evening the Michigan contingent arrived. Nissa, Todd, Jake, Katelyn, Paul and Aubrey Anne. The following picture is just the chick maidens in the group exceot for Hayden of course...
With the family all tucked in bed and the parental elves putting presents under the tree and with filled stockings we were ready to try and sleep so that Santa could come and work his magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment